Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rooney & Ronaldo To Face FA Action?

Sources suggest that Rooney and Ronaldo could be disciplined...

Manchester United's superstar duo Wayne Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo have courted controversy in recent weeks.

Rooney's over the top display in the final Champions League Group E game against Aalborg - wherein he appeared to stamp on a grounded opponent - went unpunished by UEFA, but he still cut a frustrated figure.

Then, Cristiano Ronaldo kicked out at defender Michael Dawson during Manchester United's 0-0 draw with Tottenham Hotspur earlier this month. The Football Association didn't rap his knuckles either.

Now, the pair could be scrutinised again after their antics during the 1-0 win over Stoke City on Boxing Day, accoring to reports.

Some feel Rooney's apparent elbow on Abdoulaye Faye was worthy of a straight-red, while Ronaldo kicked out again, this time at Potters man Andy Wilkinson, who was later dismissed himself for going in hard on the Portuguese powerhouse.

Petulance seems to be the keyword here, but it remains to be seen whether the FA will look to stamp out the pair's on-field behaviour and kick them into touch with their disciplinary boot.

Greg Ptolomey, Goal.com

·
Registered
605 Posts
now this is going to be REALLY bad if the FA punishes them

SAF needs to do something with the temper(if he hasnt switched the hairdryer on yet)

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Well, it's from Goal.com so we'll need to wait and see if it's true or not (as I haven't heard anything else.)

But, if it is true, it just goes to prove that we need to do something about it.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
We've had this thread already and I made it so it needs merging .

Apart from that I think the FA have been waiting for Rooney and Ronaldo to do something as there have been so many flash points lately .

Im not a fan of banning players by video evidence but if it was the stoke player who attempted to elbow Rooney I would be calling for blood .

The two of them have been asking for this with there petulance .

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Wouldn't be surprised if they did...more likely to be Rooney though...but Ronaldo got off at Spuds so he could be in trouble this time...

...no arguements

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
8,772 Posts
They deserve a suspension to be fair. If this was John Terry and Frank Lampard this thread would have 20 pages saying why they should be banned

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
16-Keano-16 said:
They deserve a suspension to be fair. If this was John Terry and Frank Lampard this thread would have 20 pages saying why they should be banned

to be honest with you i think thats quite true as much as i hate to say it,

they were both silly for lashing out ronaldo the worse cause hes done it twice in a row now hes going to make him self even more of a target for refs

but it shows some of the frustration within our players its just weather they can channel it into good things instead of bad

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
it's worrying hoe much we see it this year.
just when you thought that rooney had channeled the aggression positively,
and ronaldo would respond to a kicking by just resolving to score, the petulance returns.
perhaps a ban would be a wake up call.
either way, this article is a bit of a nothing.
firstly, it's goal.com
secondly, it's essentially saying, they kicked out, maybe the FA will look into it.
nothing official, the FA haven't even said anything on the matter.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
They play for us so they shouldn't be banned. On the contrary they should be rewarded and given gifts of Gold frankincense and Pie. Rooney was being courteous as he noticed a spider ont he guy and used his elbow so as not to harm the spider with his nails opting to use his blunt elbow instead. Ronaldo on the other hand was just showing the referee how worn out his studs are from so many pointless stepovers which also happens to be the reason he appears to go to ground easily on occasion. And what better way to show the referee than to demonstrate on a stoke players leg, the innefectiveness of his studs. Saints, both of them....:rolleyes:

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Toybos said:
They play for us so they shouldn't be banned. On the contrary they should be rewarded and given gifts of Gold frankincense and Pie. Rooney was being courteous as he noticed a spider ont he guy and used his elbow so as not to harm the spider with his nails opting to use his blunt elbow instead. Ronaldo on the other hand was just showing the referee how worn out his studs are from so many pointless stepovers which also happens to be the reason he appears to go to ground easily on occasion. And what better way to show the referee than to demonstrate on a stoke players leg, the innefectiveness of his studs. Saints, both of them....:rolleyes:
Thank you!

If we supported any other team we'd all be calling for them to be strung up by their balls.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts