Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sir Alex Ferguson says Wayne Rooney apologised to him and opponents Villarreal for diving in Manchester United's 0-0 Champions League draw.

The Spanish team's players were angry after the striker went down in the box, despite no contact with the defender.

"He apologised to me and said he didn't mean to do that," said boss Ferguson.

"I think he's been watching (Villarreal forward) Robert Pires too much. At least he apologised to their players. You'd never see Pires do that." :p

Ferguson also said he believes that teams are fouling United's Cristiano Ronaldo so often referees think the winger is diving.

A goalless draw was enough to put United into the knockout stages of the tournament.

Their opponents ended the game with 10 men after Joan Capdevila saw red for a foul on Ronaldo and afterwards Ferguson stated: "The systematic fouling on him, that's what's now happening.

"It's a tactic. Eventually the referee thinks he's diving all the time."

Ronaldo had been a doubt for the match after limping out of Saturday's goalless draw at Aston Villa but Ferguson said he was satisfied with the level of protection provided by referee Roberto Rosetti in Spain.

"The referee was very fair and strict with both teams," added Ferguson.

"Capdevila may not have got that red card in England so there is a different interpretation of the physical aspect of the game in European matches."

Stud marks were visible above Ronaldo's knee following the challenge by the Villarreal defender and the United manager thought the referee had made the correct decision with the dismissal.

From BBC

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Yep....fair play to him. Honest professional comments. Realised his wrong-doing
and has done all he can to reprieve himself.

Well done Wayne!

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
yeah, was disappointed to see it last night. glad he's acknowledged that he's wrong, as it was out of character for him.
you would never see that from pires.
or gerrard

Z

·
0 Posts
Keano! said:
Yep....fair play to him. Honest professional comments. Realised his wrong-doing
and has done all he can to reprieve himself.

Well done Wayne!
Yeah well done Wayne, you make a fool of yourself by cheating. but because you said sorry to the manager that's ok?

I wonder if you would be so forgiving to Ronaldo? Obviously not. You would be going on about his antics being a disgrace to the game.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Blade said:
Yeah well done Wayne, you make a fool of yourself by cheating. but because you said sorry to the manager that's ok?

I wonder if you would be so forgiving to Ronaldo? Obviously not. You would be going on about his antics being a disgrace to the game.
I thought of that too, but honestly there's just no reasoning with people on certain topics.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
The Scouser in Rooney coming through. :rolleyes:

"I tried to rob Villareal but calm down cos I'm sorry like la." :D

And yes, Pires was a diver.

Z

·
0 Posts
piazza said:
I thought of that too, but honestly there's just no reasoning with people on certain topics.
Indeed, but it's fun watching them try in vain to defend their favouritism of certain players :)

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Stephen said:
He's against all things Portuguese.
First Ronaldo, then Nani. No doubt CQ got a hatful of abuse from Keano.
your right i remember reading a post from Keano bashing the 4-5-1 of Carlos

ohh Keano don't tell me you hate the last member of the month Sporting just because hes Portuguese :(

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Blade said:

No...if he did come out and apologise for a blatant dive in a game, I'd say well done. Shows a good character inside IMO. Same with refs and incredibly bad decisions too...

Stephen said:
He's against all things Portuguese.
First Ronaldo, then Nani. No doubt CQ got a hatful of abuse from Keano.
Whats your problem???

Forget Ronaldo for a bit, I admit, I DO nit pick at him, but that's MY prerogative..

...Nani is having a stinker of a season. If you think otherwise, then your heads up your you know what...

...and Carlos...ffs, cop on you ****. I think he was one of the biggest factors in
our title winnings over the last two seasons and loosing him has had a bearing on
the current team IMO. And dont be so petty and start saying I'm bashing Phelan
now...

abojodeh said:
your right i remember reading a post from Keano bashing the 4-5-1 of Carlos

ohh Keano don't tell me you hate the last member of the month Sporting just because hes Portuguese
Ha ha ha!! Christ, you do have your moments abo! :p...Find me that post then!
What a complete and utter lie! If you want to go around saying that I do
something then at least have proof of it.

I never said that, I don't really like debating tactics as there are so many different
ones, and different ones for different oppositions. I think 4-4-2 is the way to go
and that, but 4-5-1 is a perfect formation for CERTAIN games.

Abo....I really don't understand you lately...stop agreeing with a post, and then
leave that thread. Don't you ever have your own opinion???

And no abo...I don't hate Sporting4Ever...I think he's a very good member for the
forum. I don't hate people because of a race...its known as racism abo...
something I thinmk you know all about...

VaVaVoom said:
Keano you really do get a bashing on this forum....... whats with that???

Sure ya know yourself! :rolleyes:...That's what I get for voicing my own opinion,
apparently its always wrong! :rolleyes:...

....at least I do voice an opinion, unlike others....

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
ya whats up with the keano bashing lately?

evryones entitled to thier opoionion wheither is rubbish our not its still what people think and this is a place where opionions are expressed os if your gonna slate someone whats the point? u dont have ta bash them just say you dont agree!

and personally i think keano is one of the best posters on here and enjoy hispost and think most of the time hes spot on

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Keano! said:
Ha ha ha!! Christ, you do have your moments abo! :p...Find me that post then!
What a complete and utter lie! If you want to go around saying that I do
something then at least have proof of it.

I never said that, I don't really like debating tactics as there are so many different
ones, and different ones for different oppositions. I think 4-4-2 is the way to go
and that, but 4-5-1 is a perfect formation for CERTAIN games.

Abo....I really don't understand you lately...stop agreeing with a post, and then
leave that thread. Don't you ever have your own opinion???

And no abo...I don't hate Sporting4Ever...I think he's a very good member for the
forum. I don't hate people because of a race...its known as racism abo...
something I thinmk you know all about...

Keano am sure i can find that post

it was one of the posts i read when i joined this forum 100% sure about it ;) and when i said that you bash Carlos i meant it as a joke

this post in this thread is a joke and i was just missing with you :)

and i have no opinion about this thread so what the post i agreed about :confused:

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Keano am sure i can find that post

it was one of the posts i read when i joined this forum 100% sure about it and when i said that you bash Carlos i meant it as a joke
So which is it? I said it or I didn;t?? See...now you can't admit that you wrongly accused me...:rolleyes:

And stop acting dumb...that ships sailed

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Keano! said:
So which is it? I said it or I didn;t?? See...now you can't admit that you wrongly accused me...:rolleyes:

And stop acting dumb...that ships sailed

God :rolleyes: i have said that i can 1000% find that post were you criticised the 4-5-1 of Carlos then i said that i brought all the Carlos thing as joke

Jees

1 - 20 of 53 Posts