Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wayne Rooney says he’ll be delighted if United draw Chelsea in the FA Cup quarter final.

The England international got the scoring underway at Old Trafford on Saturday afternoon as the Reds romped to a 4-0 victory against top-of-the-league Arsenal.

Minnows Barnsley and Bristol City remain in the competition, but Rooney would prefer a tussle with Avram Grant’s Chelsea.

“I hope we get Chelsea,” Rooney told MUTV. “Personally, I’d like to play them at home and try to knock them out. After that we’ll be through to the semi final and I’m sure we can take things from there.”

Rooney has twice been on the losing side in an FA Cup final and is determined to add a winners medal to his collection this season.

“The FA Cup means a lot to me. I’ve been excited by the competition from a very young age and hopefully we can now go all the way.”

United swept Arsenal aside on Saturday afternoon even though the Reds began the match missing experienced players.

“Last season we had to play all the players in every game,” Rooney said. “Today we had Paul Scholes on the bench and Ryan Giggs got a rest all together. That keeps them fresh and could be key come the end of the season.

“We were very disappointed after last week’s performance against Manchester City. Training was difficult this week and we spent a lot of time talking about the tactics and how we were going to approach the game against Arsenal. I think we got it spon on.”

The FA Cup quarter final draw takes place on Monday 18 February at 13:30 GMT.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
It's pretty obvious we are going to draw Chelsea.
We ALWAYS get a Premiership team, its ridiculous.
Id like an 'easy' team for once to give us the option of resting players.
but no matter no we get we are all out for the Cup.
Its part of our potential treble so we gotta keep winning.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
decorativeed said:
"Id like an 'easy' team for once to give us the option of resting players."

Like Arsenal?

Personally, I'm with Wazza - I want a home game with Chelsea in the draw.
maybe so....but when Im watching the draw Ill be hoping for a home tie against a Championship side....
We have been doing it the hard way for the last couple of seasons.
I think Arse were our 10th or 11th Prem team in a row :eek:
That just defies logic......
Give us a 'weaker' team so we have an easier game. Its as simple as that for me.
We have bigger things like the CL and the Prem to worry about.
Give us Barnsley at home and we are pretty much in the semi's....
We will have bigger fish to fry as the season progresses :cool:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Be interesting to see if our really bad luck for ties will balance out chelseas luck for getting powderpuff draws since they would be the "toughest" draw now. Whats most likely to happen though is pompey will move to the 6th and we will draw them while chelsea gets the easiest team left in the tournement. Chelsea dosnt deserve to be this far and they sure as hell dont deserve to win the fa cup with the bs luck they have.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
whichever team we get...home or away we can always win....if its chelsea bring them on.......everyone in here doubted our team(stephen,RD etc) that we will win the arsenal game.....everyone knows what happened.....whichever team we play against we are always gonna try our best and try to beat the crap out of them!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
i prefer premier league opposition , you know what you are going to get , and its no embarrasment if yu get dumped , just ask the scousers they got some serious shit from everyone down the pub last night.
when united changed the arsenal adebayor song yesterday was pure class.
if i heard it right, it sounded like .
ADEBAYOR ADEBAYOOOOOOOOOR.
YOUR DAD WASHES ELEPHANTS .
AND YOUR MOTHERS A WHORE.
lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts