Manchester United Talk banner

How Many Goals Will Rooney Score This Season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  • 2002-2003 : 8 goal in all competitions
  • 2003-2004 : 9 goal in all competitions
  • 2004-2005 : 17 goal in all competitions
  • 2005-2006 : 19 goal in all competitions
  • 2006-2007 : 23 goal in all competitions
  • 2007-2008 : 18 goal in all competitions
  • 2008-2009 : 20 goal so far in all competitions and 17 actually
  • 2009-2010 :

2006-2007 was Rooney's best season with no long term injures and some great scoring records in that season he scored for fun and had some weeks were he scored in everygame and even scored some hattricks

last season was full on injures and 2006 was his best form but he got injured at the end

do you think rooney of 2009 the best scoring rooney beating the 2007 record ?
and do you think its a fare achivment since he scored many easy goals this season with few good goals and the many easy goals or the goals versus shit teams like japanies teams ?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
if he stays fit yeah he can do it, his return from the latest injury has been impressive. usually took him a few games to get his form back but hes hit the ground running this time. his last 2 goals were very 'ruud':p

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Strangely enough though I remember people saying Rooney had quite a poor season in 06/07.

I think it was mainly because in between the goal scoring runs were droughts that always lasted a few games.

If he can become more consistent and score every other game, rather than having runs of scoring and not scoring, then I think he's capable of getting 30 goals in a season.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Rooney's one of those strikers where you don't notice how much he's scored till season's end.

I remember in 06 - 07 when I finally heard he'd bagged 23 I went what?

Couldn't see where' they'd come from but there they were.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
rooney should be scoring more goals most of his tallys has been pathetic for someone who posse's so much talent.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
i dunno tbh hes the type of player who scores 7 in 7 and then none n 7 and then 7 in 7 again and its very frustrating he also has a habit of getting injured just when hes coming into great form too which probably explains his lack of goals over the years!

one things for sure if he could sort out his injury problems and his constincy hed be getting 30 goals a season easily maybe even close to 40

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I'm not sure. He certainly has the ability.

But I have to agree with canto. His consistency makes me think that he can't do it, but hopefully he can for his sake and ours.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
his goals this season were very ruud i agree about that and bery easy

in 2006-2007 he scored crackers

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
Strangely enough though I remember people saying Rooney had quite a poor season in 06/07.

I think it was mainly because in between the goal scoring runs were droughts that always lasted a few games.

If he can become more consistent and score every other game, rather than having runs of scoring and not scoring, then I think he's capable of getting 30 goals in a season.

Yep, that was the season where he scored about 8 in the first couple of weeks then went sour. Came back with a hattrick against Bolton then stoped again. Picked up at the end of season I think.

Rooney can definitely do it this season. Other seasons he's missed some one on ones and had that little bit of unease about him. Thats gone now and when he gets the ball all you can feel is confidence and high quality skill. One of top players in Europe definitely.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
16 goal so far

do anybody else agrees with me that this season he haven't scored any mouthwatering goal ?

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
16 goal so far

do anybody else agrees with me that this season he haven't scored any mouthwatering goal ?
:eek:
he has scored some nice ones this season Abo.

-erm let me think.... there was a curler against Bolton from outside the box.
Ronaldo back heeled, Roon dragged it past a player and whipped it past Jussi into the far corner. Peach!

-Also the goal against Blackburn that was reminiscent of Charlton's in the 68 final.

-Goal vs WBA was sweet as well (I was there :D) great celebration as well.

-Goal vs Celtic from outside the box. Drilled low and hard into the corner.

-He has scored some beauts for England as well this season.

-Also got a cracker in Japan.

that enough for ya Abo? ;)

but in answer to your OP, yes he will score more than 23 goals this season.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
erm let me think.... there was a curler against Bolton (I think) from outside the box.
I need to have a think about this one.....

yes few decent ones but nothing special

last few seasons he used to score some crackers

and hes getting far less assists this season last season he had many this season just 6 or 7

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
yes few decent ones but nothing special

last few seasons he used to score some crackers

and hes getting far less assists this season last season he had many this season just 6 or 7
I had a proper think and a look through our results and updated my first post Abo.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

-erm let me think.... there was a curler against Bolton from outside the box.
Ronaldo back heeled, Roon dragged it past a player and whipped it past Jussi into the far corner. Peach!

-Also the goal against Blackburn that was reminiscent of Charlton's in the 68 final.

-Goal vs WBA was sweet as well (I was there :D) great celebration as well.

-Goal vs Celtic from outside the box. Drilled low and hard into the corner.

-He has scored some beauts for England as well this season.

-Also got a cracker in Japan.

that enough for ya Abo? ;)

2006-2007

Over James head
amazing hatrick versys bolton

2006-2007

Over Shwazrzrrz (sp) (Middlebrough goalie's) head
then another Cracker

Cracker against Arsenal

Cracker against Newcastle

and if my memory don't cheat me i remember he scored a nice goal against albion and bolton

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
2006-2007

Over James head
amazing hatrick versys bolton

2006-2007

Over Shwazrzrrz (sp) (Middlebrough goalie's) head
then another Cracker

Cracker against Arsenal

Cracker against Newcastle

and if my memory don't cheat me i remember he scored a nice goal against albion and bolton
yeh and?? he has scored tons of nice goals, but the ones I posted were from THIS season.
You said he hadnt scored any tasty ones yet.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts