Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Wayne Rooney believes the current Manchester United squad can eventually go down as one of the best in history.

With successive Premier League titles and last season's Champions League triumph behind them, United have already flexed considerable muscle in the football world and achieved their customary place in the last 16 of this term's competition.

Next month the Red Devils aim to become the first English team to be crowned FIFA world club champions in Japan. And Rooney feels lifting the trophy in Yokohama on December 21 would be a further step towards immortality for the present-day United stars

He said: "I hope we can be regarded as one of the best ever. There is definitely a lot of quality here.

"Over the last couple of seasons we have played some tremendous football and the squad itself is quite young

"If we can keep winning trophies over the next few years I see no reason why we can't be up there."

Rooney feels it would be sweet to fly back from the Far East crowned number one in the world and he certainly does not feel the FIFA Club World Cup is a waste of time, even if it means United have been forced to postpone their encounter with Wigan Athletic on 20th December, meaning they will be two matches adrift of their major rivals heading into the New Year.

"After the takeover of Manchester City, there has been a lot of talk about whether they are going to be the next big team," said Rooney.
"The aim is to come back as winners and for United fans to say 'we are the best team in the world'. It would be nice for our supporters to be able to give the City fans a bit of stick."

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~1469044,00.html

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
I know Rooney was an avid boxer but he needs to find other ways to find adrenaline before a big match, he just talks too much smack.

Now I'll wait for the fanboys to condemn me for criticizing Rooney.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
the way the team has performed so far this season they will be remembered has the great underachievers . instead of talking about how good they are they should be showing everybody how good they are .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts