Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It just keeps getting worse and worse for us, Rooney now looks likely to miss this weeks game against Sunderland, and Ferdinand and Evans are both battling groin problems, this game against Sunerland is yet another must win game and the injuries just keep coming for us, the good thing i think though is that Scholes and Vidic will come back into the side, but Rooney, Ferdinand and Evans is i think a big blow.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Another chance for either Welbeck or Macheda i see..now what worries me is Evans..if he didnt recover on time..we will have to see Oshea playing alongside Vida in CB meaning Gary will start in RB. Im not sure he has enough time to rest lets just hope he'll managed.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
It will be a blow, they are very important players for us but i can never accept the "injuries" to be an excuse. We have done many convincing wins when we had a big amount of injuries so yea, we should do it again.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Wes starts training next week, not just running , full training ,
Rafael started training on Tuesday and will be ready for next Saturday
Good news, need some more fit defenders

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Good news is Berba could be back for the Porto game :thumsbup:

At least Vida can play tomorrow, I'm guessing SAF will go ...

Eckersley - Vida - Neville - Evra

Cause I've heard Sheasy is also out.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Hold on!!!
Rooney is not definatley out yet, it's only some bruised ribs..
The question is, can he start against Sunderland and Porto?

Evans and Rio will be huge losses but we still will have an experienced back four for a tough away game..

...Neville... ...O'Shea... ...Vidic... ...Evra...

So let's not panic just yet..!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Fergie interview on Sky Sports, no mention of Rooney being out ( i don't think, lol) , back four

NEVILLE , O'SHEA , VIDIC, EVRA...............DEFO

·
Registered
773 Posts
Leave them out, save them for the porto game.
+1 here !!! I can see this match will player like Nani to shine and get more chance on the pitch....
what about this team line-up

--------------------------------------vds----------------------------------------

neville------------------vida----------------------oshea--------------------evra--

Nani------------------fletcher--------------------carrick--------------------park--

-----------------------ronaldo-------------------tevez---------------------------

Plus seeing Mancheeeda and Welbeck to get experience on the pitch...

·
Registered
1,930 Posts

i realy hope neville won't be centre back again cause we lost 2 goals one with villa and one with porto just because he was to short and couldn't reach the ball. he would be much more effective on the wing and o'shea if fit in the centre.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts

There's been no talk of O'Shea to be out injured,
So I fully expect him to start at CB..!

Rooney won't be out either,
Fergie mentioned nothing about it in his press conference..!

·
Registered
109 Posts
There's been no talk of O'Shea to be out injured,
So I fully expect him to start at CB..!

Rooney won't be out either,
Fergie mentioned nothing about it in his press conference..!
Thats right, O'shea = cb , Neville = rb , Rafael is not fit, he won't be ready until next Saturday

·
Registered
31 Posts
Rooney will play tomorrow according to man utd.com fergie has laughed off suggestions he will miss the game. Defence & midfield are the most worrying, I think our midfield is crying out for the drive & rawness of Anderson at the moment but he is still injured so i reckon scholes & carrick again with ronaldo & nani. O'shea isnt too bad at centre back, so him there with Vida, then nev & evra either side.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Rooney will play tomorrow according to man utd.com fergie has laughed off suggestions he will miss the game. Defence & midfield are the most worrying, I think our midfield is crying out for the drive & rawness of Anderson at the moment but he is still injured so i reckon scholes & carrick again with ronaldo & nani. O'shea isnt too bad at centre back, so him there with Vida, then nev & evra either side.
Hope it's not Scholesy, he can no longer handle teams getting in our faces and closing us down quickly, IMO, this is exactly what Ricky Syjhlhbl (or whatever his name is , lol) has said Sunderland are going to try and do, i feel we should play Fletcher and Carrick, then if and when Sunderland run out of steam Scholesy could come on ( more time and space) and see out the last 20-25 mins, maybe be able to pick out a killer pass and sew the game up. Only my opinion though.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts