Manchester United Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can man utd fans sing Wayne Rooney's name, and then two minutes later sing about how much you hate scousers?

Does the fact that he's a toffee and obviously hates Liverpool FC help?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wayne Rooney is from Croxteth and he plays for Manchester United. How does this sit with you? Does the fact that he is an Evertonian make it easier?

Obviously I can't use a tone of voice in a message board, so trust me, I'm not trying to wind you up.

·
Banned
142 Posts
Mate, grow up...seems to me that you've got a bad case of the green-eyed-monster!....are you jealous that a player of Rooney's ability plays for Manchester United?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know how much more plainly I can put this.

I AM NOT TRYING TO WIND ANYONE UP!!!

Wayne Rooney comes from Liverpool. Manchester United's fans do not like people from Liverpool. Wayne Rooney plays for Manchester United.

However :-

Wayne Rooney grew up an Evertonian. Evertonians do not like Liverpool Football Club. Wayne Rooney does not like Liverpool Football Club.

Is this how the circle is squared? If he had grown up a Kopite would it have been harder to sing his name?

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
musungujim said:

Wayne Rooney comes from Liverpool. Manchester United's fans do not like people from Liverpool. Wayne Rooney plays for Manchester United.

Wayne Rooney grew up an Evertonian. Evertonians do not like Liverpool Football Club. Wayne Rooney does not like Liverpool Football Club.

Is this how the circle is squared? If he had grown up a Kopite would it have been harder to sing his name?
I dont think that all Man Utd fans hate anyone from Liverpool "the City", its more that they hate anyone who plays for Liverpool FC.

I for one dont have a problem with Wayne Rooney playing for us!

How you do guys feel about Heinze signing for Liverpool? Would you want a Man U player on your books?

·
Banned
142 Posts
musungujim said:

Mate, you've got a lot of spare time on your hands obviously.:rolleyes:

·
Banned
836 Posts
Wayne Rooney will always support Everton. Football players, when they join another club, it's just like you and me, it's a job, you get the hours in and you get paid etc. and if you're playing for a football team, it's a job but you still have passion for that job and you want to win things in that job.
It's like David Beckham, he was playing for Real Madrid but he's still a United supporter.

Steve McManaman was playing football for years at Liverpool but he was still an Everton supporter.

·
Banned
142 Posts
Why oh why, do people like this guy 'musunjujim' come on to a Manchester United Forum like this one...and suddenly just start ranting about where Wayne Rooney comes from, out of the blue?

If you look at his first post, he's clearly a peeved Everton or Liverpool fan....

·
Banned
836 Posts
Wayne Rooney would of never been a big star if he hadn't of joined Manchester United. And he probably wouldn't of even played Champions League football either.

If anyone has MUTV you'd notice how much the stadium noise rises everytime he had the ball or when he was shown live on the stadium's screen during the Asian tour matches.

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
musungujim said:
How can man utd fans sing Wayne Rooney's name, and then two minutes later sing about how much you hate scousers?

Does the fact that he's a toffee and obviously hates Liverpool FC help?
If you replace the word 'Scousers' for 'Liverpool fans' you would be a lot more accurate in your statement.

.........Rooney LEFT Everton to join United so that shows where his allegiance lies I think.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What I mean is, how can you sing, for example - 'you scouse bastards', or 'you'll never get a job', with a scouser in your side? You do see the problem don't you?

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
All I see here are posts by ill informed children who know sod all about history.

1. Sir Matt Busby, greatest of them all, once PLAYED for Liverpool - so what?

2. Denis Law, one of United's greatest strikers, played for Man City - so what?

3. Wayne Rooney was born in Liverpool - so what?

4. John O'Shea was on Liverpool's book - so what?

5. Matt Busby gave Bill Shankly advice on how to get the Liverpool job - so what?

6. Ryan Giggs was on City's books - so what?

7. Alan Smith, Joe Jordan, Gordon McQueen, Eric Cantona played for Leeds before joining United - so what?

I can go on, and on but I won't.

Get a life people, players come and go from wherever, the past is immaterial, the future is everything. THREAD CLOSED.

Finally, I was brought up on Merseyside and chose the only true reds at a very early age - so what?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.