Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Anyone else see this today? at Goodison of all places. He was getting grief all
day and stuck it to the Everton fans by kissing the United badge after he had been booked.
He was subbed shortly after so he wouldnt get sent off.

What are your thoughts on his actions?

immature/stupid, save it for when you score?
OR
Class act, he showed them he is United through and through.

·
Registered
809 Posts
immature and asking for trouble, but really funny.

its like barton today- we give him grief. throw all sorts at him, so what does he do. kiss the flippin badge the puff.

·
23,699 Posts
Isn't Rooney the one that claimed "once a blue, always a blue"?!!

Didn't Alan Smith kissed his badge at Leeds too?

Professional footballers.... :rolleyes: :D

Seriously, I don't know what to believe or how seriously we should take it.

But to do it just to spite the opposite fans is definitely immature and unintelligent. Perfect ingredient to incite crowd troubles too. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
601 Posts
i think he has the right to do it, if the fans are giving him stick. There is no law that he cant do it. I dont think the fans got to rooney, rooney played well, i think the whole team did there best, better than everton anyway. Just that we need our wide men to up there form.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Jazz 16 said:

Anyone else see this today? at Goodison of all places. He was getting grief all
day and stuck it to the Everton fans by kissing the United badge after he had been booked.
He was subbed shortly after so he wouldnt get sent off.

What are your thoughts on his actions?

immature/stupid, save it for when you score?
OR
Class act, he showed them he is United through and through.
I thought it was fantastic . It's a players way of sticking two fingers up to opposing fans who give them some of the most vile stick . Kissing the Premiership winners badge on his sleeve , if possible , would have been better imo.
Poor sad scousers . When one of their own makes a better life for himself elsewhere , all they can do is be bitter and twisted about it . Now go back to your run down council house you blue nose ****s because you'll only ever be able to dream of success .

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Personally...

I loved it! Thought he ozzzed United passion....it was an a la Cantona moment. Something he'd do almost! Fair dues to Wayne. Delighted he stuk it up to the Everton fans!

You'll never see Ronaldo kiss the United badge!

One downer on it though is that he's done it a bit lightly in all fairness...

I think Gary Neville should give him a few tips on kissing the club badge!...At least
Wayne actually grabbed the badge, first time and not just the shirt! :p lol...The
badge is a little higher up Gary! ;) lol

But back to the topic. I don;t see whats what wrong with it TBH...He's passionate and let him show the crowd that no matter how much stick they throw at him,
he'll let them know that he left them for better things!

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
its funny, they must have been going mad after that.
probably not the wisest move no doubt the f.a will have something to say

welcome back cjl.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
brilliant. the guy goes from strength to strength.

put it with last seasons charity shield finger to mouth to silence the chelsea fans as perfect putdowns.

we all know wayne plays with his heart on his sleeve and he will get sent off a few times more before the end of his career but when he does we will have a scouser in the Old Trafford Hall of Fame, something we could never imagine 5 years ago.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Silly? :D

Why should everything be so serious and PC?

Honestly, who gives a flying ****? Shove your FA, what others think, and JCL's up your arse.

Wayne Rooney - fast becoming a United legend.

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
i saw it- and i loved it.
if we're being truthful, was probably not the best idea, and was probably more of a contribution to his substitution than his yellow.
in my opinion, it depends totally on who it is.
if ronaldo did it, the reaction would be totally different. it wouldn't mean a lot, to see a guy who spent months angling a move away etc (you know the story, im not gonna try and open another ronaldo topic)
the fact that it was rooney is the reason that it's different. gary neville is the same. heart on the sleeve, 110% all the time and you know it. he's a scouser, but we'll let him off because he is so united. i liked the point earlier about kissing the premier league badge, would have been good.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Stephen said:
Silly? :D

Why should everything be so serious and PC?

Honestly, who gives a flying ****? Shove your FA, what others think, and JCL's up your arse.

Wayne Rooney - fast becoming a United legend.
exactly stephen. couldnt be put any better

the people who are calling it immature are more than likely the same people getting angry at you chanting at united games while they eat their official Manchester United bag of Fruit Pastilles from the Official Manchester United Snack Bar

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
antdevil78 said:
exactly stephen. couldnt be put any better

the people who are calling it immature are more than likely the same people getting angry at you chanting at united games while they eat their official Manchester United bag of Fruit Pastilles from the Official Manchester United Snack Bar
lol :D

Rooney will become a legend, its obvious and its actions like these that the fans love (mostly)
It wasnt as good as Neville's badge kissing in front of the dirty Scousers but it was still quality.
ROOOOOONNEEEEEY!

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
it's great to see him sucking up the abuse from everton...showing his feelings for utd...BUT some people could see his badge kissing as not affection for us.but as sticking two fingers up to the everton ...just a thought.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Class act!

Showed pride and I loved it when he did that. It's too bad he didn't get his 00th goal at Goodison Park.

He proably jinxed it when he talked about it.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Facing action ?

Whats wrong with kissing the badge ?

A disciplinary case for Rooney , For what ? Any true red woul have done the same.

Merseyside Police are expressing concern. WTF ?? They may charge him for improper conduct.

All I can say is Roooney ! TRUE LEGEND !

1 - 20 of 53 Posts