Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Among England's 21-year old sensational teenage starlet,Wayne Rooney's favourite player is one who, much like himself, has become a key forward for his club at a very young age.....

In a late 2007 interview with Myfreesport, he said that Leo Messi of Barcelona would be the ideal player for England, outlining his admiration for the young Argentine..

"At the minute, it would be Lionel Messi," he said, when offered a hypothetical addition to the Three Lions' ranks.

"He is unbelievable. I was watching some Barcelona games and he has just been brilliant for them – and Argentina, too. He'd do very well, I think."

Other figures came in for praise, too, both from his side and others.

"The best player I've ever played with? [Paul Scholes] Scholesy or [Ryan Giggs] Giggsy," he said.

"They're brilliant players and they've been brilliant players for years – that is what makes them so good. To play in the same team as Scholesy and Giggsy is a great honour for me.

"And against? Zidane. I played against France in the Euros in 2004, and he was unbelievable. He was one of the best players ever – to play against someone like that was great."

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
"The best player I’ve ever played with? [Paul Scholes] Scholesy or [Ryan Giggs] Giggsy," he said.

It just shows how good the two are.

If Rooney says they are the two best he has played with, then they are.

I cna't wait to get Scholes back in January.

He will bring back some much needed creativity to the side, unless Fletcher is started instead of him against the "supposed" weaker side.....

Now excuse me while I join 'versa' and puke, again.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Keano4taoiseach said:
"The best player I've ever played with? [Paul Scholes] Scholesy or [Ryan Giggs] Giggsy," he said.

It just shows how good the two are.

If Rooney says they are the two best he has played with, then they are.

I cna't wait to get Scholes back in January.

He will bring back some much needed creativity to the side, unless Fletcher is started instead of him against the "supposed" weaker side.....

Now excuse me while I join 'versa' and puke, again
You are welcome, Bertie!:p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts