Manchester United Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
says rooneys out because hip

"Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney (hip) is unlikely to start but could make the substitutes' bench."

·
Registered
376 Posts
sweet fa said:
it was obvious in the chelsea game that he would not figure in the remaining league games ,i stated this on the injuries thread at the time,the club has said he will be on the bench in every game since but he hasn't has he.
rooney must be fit for the champions league final at all cost's so the risk is far too great to play him before then ,and i reckon its a hernia that is the problem not a trapped bruise that the club have been saying ,there have been suggestions of a hernia that the club have denied but rooney was struggling from at least the blackburn game there is no way it's a bruise thats trapped behind the hip.
So why did fergie play him against chelsea and allow him to aggravate the injury (whatever it was) ?? The chelsea game was supposed to be a "rest players" game but all fergie has done is left us short of rooney. Why did n't he start with Tevez that day? To me the whole thing never added up , especially considering that we have little cover for rooney's postion.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
very suprised and happy to see rooney playing against wigan he looked pain free and will be fully wound up for the champions league final after yesterdays celebrations,fortune seems to be falling utds way just in time for the final ,bring chelski on we are ready to rumble.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I was amazed when I saw the teamsheet.

Rooney and Vidic both starting was a big boost and where did Saha come from! I thought he was out for the rest of the season!

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
reddwarf said:
I was amazed when I saw the teamsheet.

Rooney and Vidic both starting was a big boost and where did Saha come from! I thought he was out for the rest of the season!
I agree.

I wasn't surprised that Rooney made the squad, but I was really surprised he started. I expected Vidic to start,

But Saha? I too thought Saha was out for the season too. It would have been nice to see him come on at some point, but obviously the flow of the game wouldn't allow us.

Hopefully he'll be fit enough to be on the bench for the Champions League final, in case we need to take a risk and add another striker.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
was very surprised to see saha in the bench..........very surprised to be honest......
and rooney and vidic was a pleasant surprise......was scared whenever vidic was hit with a challenge!!!!

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
akash_reds said:
was very surprised to see saha in the bench..........very surprised to be honest......
and rooney and vidic was a pleasant surprise......was scared whenever vidic was hit with a challenge!!!!
sir alex was interviewed at player awards last night and said saha had trained well for last ten days and he had to make two difficult decisions one was putting saha on bench ahead of anderson and silvestre ahead of oshea . he gave a strong hint that saha will be on bench in moscow providing he doesnt pick any more injuries up

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
haggler said:
sir alex was interviewed at player awards last night and said saha had trained well for last ten days and he had to make two difficult decisions one was putting saha on bench ahead of anderson and silvestre ahead of oshea . he gave a strong hint that saha will be on bench in moscow providing he doesnt pick any more injuries up
Hopefully his injuries are behind him, but we seem to have this discussion every time he regains fitness.

Like I keep saying, I can't bring myself to turn against him. Its not his fault and some of the abuse he gets is uncalled for. It must be just as frustrating, and even more upsetting, for him than it is for us.

·
Registered
130 Posts
haggler said:
Extra two seats in Moscow though, so isn't as bad. Gives us a target if we have to go route one. A totally different option to Tevez if we need a goal. If he's fit, why not use him. He's still a class finisher. Just had a bad time since joining us. I think he is TOO inury prone, and lazy, but apart from that. Good striker. (Not saying he doesnt need replacing)

Re: Rooney. The guy is going to have a full summer off. Any surgery he needs can be done then. There is obviously something wrong with him. He's had a 'bad' season, because he hasn't scored, but more often than not he's took one for the team, and played out of position. Totally different player now than the one we signed.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.