Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WAYNE Rooney is aiming to become Manchester United's Ronaldo next season.

The England international insists United have not yet seen the best of him.

And after cutting his teeth as a more orthodox striker last season, he is confident the goals will flow as Sir Alex Ferguson's side set about the defence of their Premier League and Champions League titles.

With continued doubts over Cristiano Ronaldo's future, Rooney might just need to up his strike-rate.

The double footballer of the year has suggested he is ready to quit United, with Real Madrid determined to make him the highest paid player in the world.

Strides

That would leave United without their leading goal scorer for the past two seasons.

While Ronaldo hit an incredible 42 goals last term, Rooney weighed in with 18 in all competitions - at one point scoring just three in 12 appearances.

After growing up alongside the Portuguese international at Old Trafford, Rooney now hopes to emulate the huge strides Ronaldo has made over the past two years.

"Cristiano is unbelievable," he said. "What he's done for United in the last two years is brilliant. Playing alongside him makes you work hard. You always want to be the best and I think I can score a few more goals."

But Rooney has faced criticism in some quarters for not developing at the rate many expected when he burst onto the scene as a 16-year-old at Everton.

i think wazza can score 30 next season if he doesnt get injured and he has a supporting striker

1 - 1 of 1 Posts