Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going into 2008, Wayne Rooney has made clear his ambitions for Manchester United this year: to win the Premiership again, and add the Champions League to his haul.........

Wayne Rooney has had what is becoming a typical season for the sensational teenage starlet with Manchester United so far. He's been injured, had a wave of goal-scoring form, and then a consequent drought.

Nevertheless, his all-round game always looks like it's improving, and the same can be said of his team as a whole. After winning the Premiership title for the first time last season, Rooney now has greater trophy hauls in mind as he seeks to win the Champions League as well.

"In an ideal world, we would win both," Rooney told the Daily Star. United came close to the feat last year, but were picked apart by an incredible Milan side in the semi-finals. "Last year we thought we could do it, but we came up just short in Europe against AC Milan in the semi-finals. But, a year on, we are more experienced and we will cope better.

"We didn't play how we knew we could against Milan, but we were still close to reaching the final."

When quizzed on his preference, the ex-Everton striker gave an answer that seems resounding throughout the Red Devils' squad.

"To be honest, I would like to win the Premier League again because it's a massive prize and you play in the league every week," he explained.

"Of course, the Champions League is a big trophy, too, and I am desperate to win that one for the first time."

Manchester United host Birmingham today as they start the new year two points behind Premiership leaders Arsenal.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
champions league has always been number one to me this season
but with the competion going on in the league i want to win that as well

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Premiership for me is always first priority !!

The Champions League is not what it says on the tin any more.

Very rarely do 'Champions' win it.......

Liverpool 'v' Milan last year was the worst final ever......

Liverpool 4th and Milan 4th or somethin like that (I'm sure someone will tell us where they finished I forget :p )

How many times have 'Champions' actually won it ?

The Prem is a test over 38 games......

You MUST BE GOOD to win this......

And as Liverpool have shown in 2005 and 2007 a bit of luck can win the Champs
League.

It's a nice bonus to win the Champs League - but being REAL champions takes
hard work andconsistency !!!

Ask any Liverpool fan - if they are honest - would they swap one of their 5
Champs League victories to be Prem Champions and every one of them would
grab your hand off !!!!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
carlyluvsunited said:
Premiership for me is always first priority !!

The Champions League is not what it says on the tin any more.

Very rarely do 'Champions' win it.......

Liverpool 'v' Milan last year was the worst final ever......

Liverpool 4th and Milan 4th or somethin like that (I'm sure someone will tell us where they finished I forget :p )

How many times have 'Champions' actually won it ?

The Prem is a test over 38 games......

You MUST BE GOOD to win this......

And as Liverpool have shown in 2005 and 2007 a bit of luck can win the Champs
League.

It's a nice bonus to win the Champs League - but being REAL champions takes
hard work andconsistency !!!

Ask any Liverpool fan - if they are honest - would they swap one of their 5
Champs League victories to be Prem Champions and every one of them would
grab your hand off !!!!
Haha! Couldn't agree more 'bout tis! Anyway,quality post carly.........:)

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
you're right Carly...but not only that..but also..the English Premiership is stronger than any other championship on this world....and also...maybe better than the Champions League. But as much as i agree with you, i want very much, to see us winning this trophy, because a team like Man Utd shouldn't have only 2 titles. It's a pitty. It would be great if Wayne's dream would become reality

·
Registered
293 Posts
While i would love to see united champions of Europe, i agree with almost everyone, I would prefer the prem to the CL.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
There seems to be a lot of talk about the Champions League coming from the players and manager this season.

I know Fergie really wants to win it again before he retires but they shouldn't lose sight of what really matters - winning the Premiership.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
we can do it...we have a tricky one in the CL against lyon but with our defense we can hold ben arfa and benzema quiet...in the PL arsenal is not gonna keep winning these games and will soon lose or draw in the next games or so

1 - 8 of 8 Posts