Manchester United Talk banner

Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez...

963 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  The_Red_Prince 
#1 ·
Sir Alex Ferguson feels Wayne Rooney, Carlos Tevez and Cristiano Ronaldo have the potential to emulate another Manchester United trio.

United legends Sir Bobby Charlton, Denis Law and George Best all won the European Footballer of the Year award in the 1960s and Ferguson admits it would be 'fantastic' if his current attacking jewels could repeat the feat.

And while the Red Devils boss does not want to saddle his players with lofty expectations, Ferguson is excited by the ability of Rooney, Tevez and Ronaldo.

"Don't forget that the other three all won European Player of the Year which was unique coming from one club," said Ferguson in the News of the World.

Courageous

"If these lads ever did achieve that level, it would be fantastic for us as a football club to have them, but I think that is years ahead.

"With players of their ability nothing is impossible. I wouldn't want to put that accolade or pressure on them until a few years when they've achieved more.

"But they do have similar aspects to their game. They are courageous, they enjoy playing, they can beat men. They are exciting players, they are young enough.

"They produce moments in a game that can change everything that is happening on the pitch. They can turn a match with their individual skills.

"Each of them has these things in his locker. You hope one of them will produce the things that will win games for you."

See less See more
#3 ·
I cannot visualize Tevez winning footballer of the year. He is still adapting to the rigor of the premiership and even when he does, the competition will be undoubtedly fierce for him to contend [unless he pulls out one hell of a season]. Rooney and C. Ronaldo on the other hand will most likely win it. It is only a matter of time. :D

#4 ·
Rooney04 said:
I cannot visualize Tevez winning footballer of the year. He is still adapting to the rigor of the premiership and even when he does, the competition will be undoubtedly fierce for him to contend [unless he pulls out one hell of a season]. Rooney and C. Ronaldo on the other hand will most likely win it. It is only a matter of time. :D

If Fabregas keeps up his current form....it will be extremely close between him, Ronaldo and Rooney...imho...

A Defender....could Evra be in with a shout if he keeps playing the way he is....assists and getting forward aswell as textbook defending.....??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.