Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
i've said it numbers of times and i'll say it again. it is a bit pitty ( if you can call it pitty ) that wayne rooney started his career as an attacker - he's a natural born all around midfielder. when roy keane slowly started losing power and influence on the pitch i suggested a bit unorthodox idea which i didn't fancy too much myself either. but i thought that was the best for the team and what later would prove out to be for roooney's career. That was to convert him to a central midfielder to replace keano , just what later fergie did to smith. But I was affraid that the same thing that happened to smith might happen to Rooney. i was affraid that he might get caught in the "no man's land" just like smith who is now an average midfielder and an average striker.In Rooney, I saw a passion, a commitment and a willigness to win every ball, every tackle , every match. those were the attributes I'd seen only in Keano before him. but i wasn't so thrilled with the idea because although we would have gotten what could later have proved out to be a world class midfielder we would have lost a great striker who could provide a bit of magic so good that it's worth waiting for. And for those ,in recent times rear moments tbh, it would have been shame if we'd converted him to another keano. He's a striker whose main strenght lies in midfielders attributes. so the verdict - make him a trequartista,a fantasista, a number 10, and never play him on the wing again !we have park, hargo,anderson, carrick and others who can slide, tackle and jump for defense.unleash the real wayne rooney

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Great idea we'll all see how it will all develope, Ive always saw wazza as more of a AMF player. His ability to play offensive support roles is awesome, but his agressiveness with mid field players for turnover transition is breakneck speed!
this last year we saw glimmers of beauty between wazza and tevez ,this could really be the year they gel?

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.