Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manchester United and England striker Wayne Rooney stunned restaurant staff when he paid his £27.80 bill using a half-price voucher. Rooney earns £90,000 a week at United.

Rooney proving hes is a scoucer

·
Registered
364 Posts
Nothing wrong with that imo, he obviously had the voucher so what's up with using it?

I don't care if someone ears a billion pound a day, anyone who pays more than they need to for something is a moron.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
No, if Rooney was showing his Scouse side he'd have gone up to the till, pointed behind the waiter and screamed 'WHAT THE HELL IS THAT LA?!' before grabbing the till and running off with it without paying for his meal. :p

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
funny, but to be fair hes probably saving up for somethin' so cant have a go at the lad for using his voucher, he probably spends hours each week scouring the paper for bogof deals so he can spend all the cash he saves on something good

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
love it! the world is suffering frm recession so why not use a voucher:)

although id say he did it as a wind up, possibly the result of a dare from edwin!

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
IanDangerously said:
Nothing wrong with that imo, he obviously had the voucher so what's up with using it?

I don't care if someone ears a billion pound a day, anyone who pays more than they need to for something is a moron.
agreed.

who really gives a **** how he pays his bill .

stupid story

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
When he goes out and splashes the cash, everyone goes on about how he has too much money and is out of touch with society.

He can't win, can he? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Fair play for the roon for being down to earth like the rest of us! Quality person in my opinion.

·
23,699 Posts
Probably somebody gave him the voucher so how else can you use it for?!

Besides, prudence is a virture.

So I would say well done, Rooney.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Jeez....its a voucher!! Are they illegal?? :rolleyes:

If he walked off without paying and took the knives and forks with him, that would
be showing the Scouse in him...

·
Registered
605 Posts
its just a voucher afterall :rolleyes:

he earned all the money he gets fairly
so wats wrong in saving them \not not thrownig it away

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Nothing wrong with that. In fact it show me that unlike most footballers Wayne seems to be shrewd with money. I'm impressed.

Do any of you guys remember Kerry Packer? He was an Australia Media Tycoon. He died back at the end of 2005.

However before he died he managed to amass some truly legendary stories about his tipping.

It's practically folklore around here & I'll post a few up here. All of these stories were confirmed by close friends & colleagues.

One million dollars was tip money to Kerry Packer, the Australian gazillionaire who died this week.

"He regularly tipped Bellagio dealers $1 million. All 700 dealers would get a cut," recalled Bobby Baldwin, on the telephone from his office as Mirage Resorts president and chief executive officer.
Advertisement

I called Baldwin to ask him about some Packer stories that had the ring of urban myth.

The story about the Texan?

"True," Baldwin said.

Packer was at one table and the Texan, playing one table over, wanted some bigger action.

Packer turned him down. "The other guy said, 'I'm a big player too. I'm worth a hundred million.'

"Kerry said, 'If you really want to gamble, I'll flip you for it (the $100 million).'•" The Texan quietly went back to his game.

And Packer's monster tip to an MGM Grand cocktail server?

Also true, Baldwin said.

"He liked the service the girl was providing. He asked her if she had a mortgage. She said yes, and he said, 'Bring it in tomorrow and I'll pay it off for you.' It was for $150,000."

The $200,000 bets per hand?

Also true.

"He was a legendary character," Baldwin said. "He dwarfed the other guys (noted whales the Sultan of Brunei and Adnan Khashoggi, the arms dealer). Kerry played higher, and he played for 40 years."

Local entertainment agent Joey Battig recalls seeing Packer lose $6 million in six hours at the Bellagio and leaving a $1 million tip.

"Then we went to Club Paradise until 3 a.m., and he tipped the girls $30,000. Just to dance for him; no lap dancing."

1 - 20 of 20 Posts