Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been reading about wayne rooneys latest antics , spitting at the press.
Looks like he was spoken to by the police , i must say i find all these antics disturbing.
I for one am hoping for great things from wazza this season but he always seems to be in the papers for everything bar his football , i hope fergie gives him the hairdryer treatment and sorts him out a bit.
I would be interested on hearing other fans views on how they think wazza will fare this season

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Haven't heard anything of that nature yet.

The media know, ruffle Rooney and we'll get a reaction...

...don't agree with his actions if they're true but TBH, he's enticed into these
things. Ronaldo story is quiet so the media look to disturb another United
player. :rolleyes:

As for next season, it could be his season. After watching him in pre-season, if he
can copy that form into the premier league then we'll be in for a treat!

·
Registered
846 Posts
I heard that he was spitting, but havnt heard what was said or done to him to cause the incident.. so i will wait untill the full story comes out.

what i will say is that Wazza is far from being a nutter like Joey Barton.

I wouldnt want to change Rooney and i dont think SAF does either he has calmed down alot over the years but i wouldnt want him to lose his flare its part of what makes him a great player, I think he will have a great season :)

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Nice topic Stretty. Ill reserve judgement on the spitting issue as I havent
heard any details about it yet. I think this could be Rooney's season
(though I did say that lasy year). If he stays injury free, he has a good chance
to get 25+ goals. He was subdued last season so Im hoping he comes out
all guns blazing. I just hope his life outside football doesnt affect his performances
on the pitch. Top top player though he needs to shine this season.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i agree jazz thats why i am dissapointed by his antics , i was hoping for a massive season from him and he is my favourite player.
I still think he will score 20+ goals next season but i just wish he would stay on the back pages for his football and not on the front for his smoking and bad behaviour etc.
I agree with some of the other comments , spitting at people especially in the face is the nastiest thing anyone can do to anybody , it is disgusting and he is lucky any normal man would have lamped him for it

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
stretty said:
i agree jazz thats why i am dissapointed by his antics , i was hoping for a massive season from him and he is my favourite player.
I still think he will score 20+ goals next season but i just wish he would stay on the back pages for his football and not on the front for his smoking and bad behaviour etc.
I agree with some of the other comments , spitting at people especially in the face is the nastiest thing anyone can do to anybody , it is disgusting and he is lucky any normal man would have lamped him for it
i wish the reporter had have hit him

S

·
0 Posts
Rooney questioned over spit claim

Footballer Wayne Rooney has said he is "blameless" after he was questioned by police for allegedly spitting at a paparazzi photographer.

The England and Manchester United star has been interviewed under caution after the incident in Hanway Street, central London, on Tuesday evening.

The 22-year-old was leaving a restaurant with his wife Coleen when the incident happened.

He was spoken to by police at a neutral venue but was not arrested.

A spokesman for Mr Rooney said: "Wayne was interviewed by police in connection with an alleged minor offence involving a paparazzi photographer who had been persistently invading his and Coleen's privacy throughout the evening.

"This included the photographer following the couple into a restaurant from which he had to be evicted.

"Wayne was happy to co-operate fully and to give a clear version of the events in which he believes he was blameless."

A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: "We received a third party allegation that a photographer had been spat at by an individual outside a restaurant in Hanway Street.

"Officers established the incident occurred at approximately 10.20pm on Tuesday evening.

"The alleged suspect, a 22-year-old male, was spoken to by police.

"He was not arrested and did not attend a police station. Inquiries continue."

In law, deliberately spitting at someone is an offence of common assault.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7536656.stm

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
At least he's not Barton and snuffing cigars out in people's eyes. I'd certainly rather be spat on than that. No excuse for Wayne though, but I admire his passion.

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
I think spitting at someone is just so disgusting !!!!

If you did that to a guy in my country bloody hell he
would beat you badly, it's the biggest insult and it
is very, very rare it happens.

To say the press entice him, or cause him to get
upset and react is nonsense too, that wont work
with me.

Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville have
spent 15 years at United, 15 years in which they
have been famous household names. I don't
recall a single time any of those three have been
in the news for bad press !!!

That says it all really.

If you choose a career that puts you in the spotlight,
makes you famous and pays you scandalous amounts
of money, then you have to expect all this from the
press. It's common knowledge to EVERYONE what
they are like. Yes, I agree it is wrong too, but the fact
remains that these press guys WILL chase you and
they WILL invade your privacy !!!

How the hell has Wayne Rooney got the right to
complain about the media anyway ?

He sold the exclusive rights for his wedding to 'Hello'
magazine for £5m ...

It seems on that ocassion he was happy to deal with
the press !!!

You can't have your cake and eat it Mr Rooney !!!

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Well, I'll wait to see what happens. The word "alleged" never goes down well with me. Whether its proven or not is whats important.

And yes, hes far from being Joey Barton. But if it is true he has spat at the reporter, its disgraceful behaviour, and I hope he gets in serious trouble from Fergie.

I do agree with Carlys post as well.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
spot on carly you cannot court the media when you want , then complain and abuse them in the next breath

1 - 16 of 16 Posts