Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man Utd star Wayne Rooney could find himself in trouble with Uefa for his lunge on Kasper Risgard in Wednesday night's UEFA Champions League clash with Aalborg.

Rooney, who scored United's equaliser in the 2-2 draw at Old Trafford, also gained some unwanted attention for a second-half tackle that floored Michael Jakobsen.

The England star could find himself in hot water for the incident before the break involving Risgard.

If Uefa decide to punish Rooney over the clash he could be handed a ban or fine.

Risgard revealed Rooney apologised to him for the tackle and he felt he striker was lucky to escape a red card.
Big marks

"I do not think the referee saw it. Anywhere else but this place it would have been a red card," said Risgard.

"I have some big marks and I do not think it looks good on television.

"There was also another incident with Rooney where he threw an arm and hurt one of our players.

"But these challenges happen in football and he did come and apologise to me after the game."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11945_4622898,00.html

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Ya I saw that yesterday, it was quite funny, especially the way he started complaining to the ref afterwards!

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Bit naughty a few times last night there was the challenge when he got pushed so he decided it was ok to stamp the guys calfs lol!!

then there center half is pushed for closing him down Rooney was crazy last night and I wouldnt be suprised if he did get a ban sometimes he is a mad man !

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
Well where was Vidic's claims on Micah richards after he decided to stud his chest with a high boot which could have been a sending off!!

·
Registered
854 Posts
I think Rooney gets away with murder. How he has only been sent off once is madness. Same goes for John Terry, I think the big England players get special compensation from referees. anyone else notice this?

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
scott 4 evra said:
I think Rooney gets away with murder. How he has only been sent off once is madness. Same goes for John Terry, I think the big England players get special compensation from referees. anyone else notice this?

Terrys tackle on Sagna the other week was a disgrace and no one even said anything two footed did anyone else see it ?

·
Registered
854 Posts
red dave said:
Terrys tackle on Sagna the other week was a disgrace and no one even said anything two footed did anyone else see it ?
Ye I seen it, Terry gets away with a lot. Same goes for Rooney. I believe that foreign players would be punished more if they did the same.

·
Registered
177 Posts
No i dont agree english players get off with more thats just ********. I dont think foreign players get special treatment eithet.

·
Registered
177 Posts
red dave said:
yeah that was a bad tackle, Typical thugness from terry :mad:

Remember when the cnut spit at teves in the champions league final! :mad:

Nothing happend of course :rolleyes:

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Uefa will study video evidence before taking any action against Wayne Rooney for his controversial challenge on Aalborg's Kasper Risgard.

The incident occurred during Manchester United's UEFA Champions League clash with the Danish outfit on Wednesday.

Risgard accused Rooney of 'jumping at my chest' and leaving 'big marks' on his body during the 2-2 draw at Old Trafford.

Match officials took no action against the England international striker on the night, but the matter has now been passed on to European football's governing body.

A Uefa spokesperson said: "We are aware of the incident and the disciplinary panel will study the footage and newspaper reports before deciding whether to take action."

Any retrospective action could see Rooney ruled out of crunch encounters in the knockout stages of the competition.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4625705,00.html

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rooney does some stupid things he got a silly yellow card against Sunderland now he is suspended for the Crucial away game against Tottenham now he could miss a couple of Champions League games.

·
23,699 Posts
I am not too interested in what other players from other clubs do that go undetected.

Don't want to come across as a Rooney basher but just speaking facts: Rooney does have this undesirable and impulsive habit of committing this sort of subtle offences especially when he is frustrated and the referee is not looking.

Any censure meted out for such brainless antics is really unnecessary, stupid and detrimental to our ambitions. He surely can't be unaware of this invention called video camera?

·
Registered
3 Posts
why is it that rooney gets away with it on this forum ppl fink he is a god if ronaldo had done it he would have been slughted by u guys its not like this is just a one off insident with rooney he has done loads off stupid stuff like this in the past and no im not deefending cr-7 eaither but jeez cant slag one player off fort it and get on his back and not another i never have rated rooney as much as everyone else i would off rather seen rudd van nistleroy stay than rooney i just fink he is propper hyped up to something he is not tevez and berba are far more better i do fink rooney has got lazy to he dont run as much as he used to eaither he used to chase everything like teves does but for some reason he has not done so this seasion as much

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
UEFA have confirmed they will be reviewing video footage of the incident.

I'm still hopeful that Rooney will mellow out as he gets older but it is frustrating that he keeps picking up needless suspensions for silly fouls.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Didn't see it so can't comment.

However, Rooney does have the tendency to lose his head and it happens far too often imo. We were sitting here a couple of years ago saying that Rooney had calmed down a lot, but this last 6 months - 1 year he looks like hes gone backwards in this aspect.

I'm not Rooney bashing, as I do like Rooney. I'm just saying it as it is imo.

versa said:
I am not too interested in what other players from other clubs do that go undetected.

Don't want to come across as a Rooney basher but just speaking facts: Rooney does have this undesirable and impulsive habit of committing this sort of subtle offences especially when he is frustrated and the referee is not looking.

Any censure meted out for such brainless antics is really unnecessary, stupid and detrimental to our ambitions. He surely can't be unaware of this invention called video camera?
I agree with this. Good post.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
ksportz said:
Trouble is he didn't get booked so UEFA can re-visit the video.. If ref takes action at the time the UEFA can't do nowt..
Although he deserves to be punished as it was pretty bad what he did, I don't see this as trouble, i see this as a good thing. He probably should get in trouble but for Uniteds sake i'd rather he didn't.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
What the hell? He was taken down and lost his footing. If you slide into a tackle like whatever-the-hell that guys name is that get stepped on, you are gonna get a knock most of the times. The other time, if the ref doesnt let the player run down Rooney's calf, he doesn't push the guy off him.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts