Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Didn't see it so can't comment.

However, Rooney does have the tendency to lose his head and it happens far too often imo. We were sitting here a couple of years ago saying that Rooney had calmed down a lot, but this last 6 months - 1 year he looks like hes gone backwards in this aspect.

I'm not Rooney bashing, as I do like Rooney. I'm just saying it as it is imo.

versa said:
I am not too interested in what other players from other clubs do that go undetected.

Don't want to come across as a Rooney basher but just speaking facts: Rooney does have this undesirable and impulsive habit of committing this sort of subtle offences especially when he is frustrated and the referee is not looking.

Any censure meted out for such brainless antics is really unnecessary, stupid and detrimental to our ambitions. He surely can't be unaware of this invention called video camera?
I agree with this. Good post.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Toybos said:
What will be a warning for him? Twas an accident;) Lol Nah seriously, hopefully he calms down a bit but he will never be completely tame, its who he is. Good news though, especially considering our scoring form at the moment.:)
Well, I never seen the incident so I don't know whether it was an accident or not. ;)

But I just meant that hopefully UEFA looking at the incident and the worry of a potential ban looming over him, depending on UEFA's conclusion, will calm him down. True, if Rooney lost most of his fire he wouldn't be the player he is.

However, he does step over the line quite regularly, and he needs to calm down. At times when he loses his rag he could/should be sent off (e.g, when he goes jumping two-footed into reckless challenges.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.