Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What happened? I turned my stream off after the second goal and missed it. All I know is this off the BBC:

Oh dear. The champions are falling to pieces here, Rooney appears to throw the ball away and Phil Dowd shows him a second yellow card. The England striker is absolutely livid, furiously gesticulating at Dowd before swiping at the corner flag on his way off the pitch.

Did he actually pull the flag out or just whack it? :confused:

And did he deserve to be sent off? I don't even remember him being booked.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
What happened was there was a free-kick to United, to ball came to Rooney and he threw the ball really hard down the ground, he was on a yellow card, so he got sent off, all i can say is that "the champions" will not be champions anymore, we have thrown away all our hard work.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
We won a free kick a good distance out from goal and the ball came to rooney outside the box,
He probably thought Phil Dowd should have played advantage, so he threw the ball with agression back up the field..
He was earlier booked for pulling back Dacourt when Fulham were on the counter attack..

He just punched the corner flag as he walked off the pitch..
Some people will say it was harsh, but it was a bit stupid of Rooney..

Ronaldo was a Disgrace today and he was lucky not to be sent off!!!

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
The ref had a howler and that summed it up, scholes put us under severe pressure and it was downhill after that

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
How I understood it...

United given a free
Taken too quickly
Roo catches it
Throws it over arm back to where it should have been taken
No one stops it so it rolls away
Ref gives him second yellow
He decks the corner flag as he walks off...

Was it for deliberate handball??

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
i found it kind of harsh .yes rooney threw at a lot of pace. but he was just trying to get the game started quickly. he got a direct red for it too not too yellows and aidan we are still ahead with a game in hand :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
What happened? I turned my stream off after the second goal and missed it. All I know is this off the BBC:

Oh dear. The champions are falling to pieces here, Rooney appears to throw the ball away and Phil Dowd shows him a second yellow card. The England striker is absolutely livid, furiously gesticulating at Dowd before swiping at the corner flag on his way off the pitch.

Did he actually pull the flag out or just whack it? :confused:

And did he deserve to be sent off? I don't even remember him being booked.
Buy setanta sports and you'd find out

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
How I understood it...

United given a free
Taken too quickly
Roo catches it
Throws it over arm back to where it should have been taken
No one stops it so it rolls away
Ref gives him second yellow
He decks the corner flag as he walks off...

Was it for deliberate handball??
nope . unsporty bhaviour

·
Registered
195 Posts
i found it kind of harsh .yes rooney threw at a lot of pace. But he was just trying to get the game started quickly. He got a direct red for it too not too yellows and aidan we are still ahead with a game in hand :rolleyes:
i agree it was the refs fault if he had of played on then he wouldnt of had to send rooney off,the ref was a homer imo

·
23,699 Posts
i found it kind of harsh .yes rooney threw at a lot of pace. but he was just trying to get the game started quickly. he got a direct red for it too not too yellows and aidan we are still ahead with a game in hand :rolleyes:
It was a second yellow.

The first was for holding on to Dacourt deliberately when he lost out.

The second was another brainless one. He threw the ball back very aggressively. Few referees would have read otherwise.

·
Registered
195 Posts
what happened was there was a free-kick to united, to ball came to rooney and he threw the ball really hard down the ground, he was on a yellow card, so he got sent off, all i can say is that "the champions" will not be champions anymore, we have thrown away all our hard work.
there is still a lot of football to be played we are still top,it would be foolish to think we have thrown it away after 2 bad results

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You can't appeal against a second yellow either. Not that there are grounds to appeal anyway by the sounds of it.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts