Manchester United Talk banner
61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
Come on man,he ****in launched it way down field,he had no intention of putting it where it was.

lol thats whats it looked like when they were showing it on goals on sunday today!! Like they were talking about it after the game and the ref pointed to the spot to bring play back and rooney just threw it in frustration back as hard and fast as he could to that area lol...

Or maybe im being super biased but still...It was the fact he threw it so hard which got him sent off regardless of where he was aiming for! :D

pz!

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
nice to see him punching the corner flag as he went off.
showing passion thats what some other players need to "learn".
Why was that nice to see?

It was a bit stupid of rooney don't you think?

He's probably going to get longer than a 1 game suspension for that..

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Why was that nice to see?

It was a bit stupid of rooney don't you think?

He's probably going to get longer than a 1 game suspension for that..
stupid or not he showed that he cared.i for one would like to see the rest of the squad have half the passion rooney has when playing....

OG-spot on as usual fella:)

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
we were doing nothing till rooney came on , he had a massive influence on the game and had it not been for the fact his shot hit the goalies legs we might have won it

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
Sky Sports | Football | News | Rooney avoids FA action

Big up to Wayne, he didnt use any of his favourite words of anger:thumbsup:

Now thats surely positive he only misses the Villa game
Thank God for that.
It was just a normal anger reaction then, every one of us would have experienced in the same situation - I know i would have, and even would do worse than that as i don`t know how to control my angers.

Roooney Rooooney, See you on Saturday hun tearing up Slovakia :D

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
over 3000 posts and i cant remember one that i agreed with.
are you suggesting that rooney should have been disciplined further?if so why?:confused:
Only saying he should not have shouted in the referee face then hit the corner flag a punch. Of course i don't want him to get disciplined further.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
Just the way he is though.wears his heart on his sleeve.....
i wouldn't have it any other way..
I agree ..
I oon`t want him to lose a quarter of the aggression he has got. I love his attitude, he ain`t my fav for nothing. He`s got the perfect manner to drive United to success for the upcoming years

G

·
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Fair play to Phil Dowd, he could have been a twat and got Rooney a further ban, but he said Rooney didn't abuse him :eek:

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
To those who say that Rooney HAD to be sent off, you are wrong. He threw it back to the spot to get the play started quickly. We all know the he pardon the expression "wears his heart on his sleeve" and is also not playing with a full deck (which is why most of us love him).

To those who say that the ref made an improper decision, you are wrong. Rooney gave him all the reason(s) (plural) in the world to send him.

If I had been Dowd, as the referee of that pitch I would have pulled Rooney to the side and had a talk to him. It is all about the way the referee wants to be seen. Does he follow the letter of the law, or the spirit of the game. Letter of the law says that Rooney should be sent, spirit of the game says let him stay.

My bigger problem with Dowd was that Dempsey wasn't even talked to when he cleared the ball way across the pitch seconds (plural) after the whistle in the first half. If you are going to enforce it letter of the law at all times, that must be dealt with as well. Consistency is always peoples biggest complaints about the man in the middle.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
it was the manner in which he threw the ball , a lot harder and faster .
it is his temperament which stops him becoming one of the worlds best players , having said that if he curbed his temper would he lose something from his game , he is completely wound up for every match

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
it was the manner in which he threw the ball , a lot harder and faster .
I know that, but it doesn't mean that he has to be sent off for a second yellow. I mean, I have read FIFA's laws of the game every year for the past 10 years, and I have yet to come across the spot that says if you throw the ball really hard and really fast you deserve a yellow.

If you get a chance, send me a copy of the FA's by-laws, maybe it is in there...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
To those who say that Rooney HAD to be sent off, you are wrong. He threw it back to the spot to get the play started quickly. We all know the he pardon the expression "wears his heart on his sleeve" and is also not playing with a full deck (which is why most of us love him).

To those who say that the ref made an improper decision, you are wrong. Rooney gave him all the reason(s) (plural) in the world to send him.

If I had been Dowd, as the referee of that pitch I would have pulled Rooney to the side and had a talk to him. It is all about the way the referee wants to be seen. Does he follow the letter of the law, or the spirit of the game. Letter of the law says that Rooney should be sent, spirit of the game says let him stay.

My bigger problem with Dowd was that Dempsey wasn't even talked to when he cleared the ball way across the pitch seconds (plural) after the whistle in the first half. If you are going to enforce it letter of the law at all times, that must be dealt with as well. Consistency is always peoples biggest complaints about the man in the middle.
A lot of referees do this with Rooney, and evidently, it's had no effect.

61 - 80 of 102 Posts