Manchester United Talk banner
81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
A lot of referees do this with Rooney, and evidently, it's had no effect.
I am not saying at all times, and you have no idea what they say to him. I don't think many of them have good man management skills, but what do I know as I can't always see what they say. Like when Phil Dowd started berating Ronaldo (***DISCLAIMER...NOT EXCUSING RONALDO'S ACTIONS DURING THE GAME***), when Ronnie kept whinging and moaning. Really, I'm not even a parent, but I can tell you that screaming and berating a child (which is how Ronaldo was acting) in front of 40,000 people isn't really the best way to get the desired results.

Just because they pull a player to the side doesn't mean they are handling it well. Watch how the players respond after you pull them aside. Mike Riley is the best at getting a player to stay in the game, where as Phil Dowd is like a lot of Hispanic referees in that he incites and eggs the players on. When Rooney gets a lecture from him, he still walks off begrudgingly with little change in his attitude, so what is the point in talking to him, if nothing comes from it?

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
rooney will have to learn he is a marked man by the refs along with ronaldo , both of them do not have the nous to understand this , ronaldos antics piss me off sometimes he is definately the boy who cried wolf .
Ronaldo gets so many nailed on decisions go against him because of his constant moaning and falling over and complaining , its unbelieveable.
It has got to a point where he has to get poleaxed before he gets anything , i agree with fergie he is the most fouled player in the league , but i sometimes wish he would just get on with it , it gets embarassing at times

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
Former England captain David Beckham has defended Wayne Rooney after he was reportedly criticised by Fabio Capello over his recent dismissal at Fulham.

"What were you doing punching the corner flag? You're a crazy man, a crazy man," the England coach is reported to have told the striker.

But Beckham said:
"You don't get the great player that he is without the temperament and his attitude. Taking that away from a player is dangerous, it changes him. "He is passionate about the game, he is passionate about winning. When things aren't going his way he's like every other player that wants to win - he shows his frustration. Sometimes it's too much, it's been too much with me in the past, but he's got enough people around him that protect him. He's got two managers that will look after him and know how to get the best out of him, and they do that."

Class ;)

·
Registered
542 Posts
im happy beckham is promoting man united and our players.

he speaks like a true footballer i dont care what anyone says.

his spirit and determination is great. he knows passion.

the rooney sending off was really harsh the 2nd yellow card??

can anyone tell me if we can appeal?? im not sure how this works

·
Registered
542 Posts
i swear roxiut was band!! i swear i seen it said banned...... unless im seeing things

can anyone answer my question please..i wanna go sleepy! :( "can we appeal against rooneys yellows"/red

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
you have magical powers or something? then u were star striker! wtf is goin on
Hehe nah, i was banned in fact because Stephen said that if any women mentions any males anatomy, she should produce a pic of herself without no clothes ..
and i said i would do with a lifetime ban for that one :thumbsup:

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
i swear roxiut was band!! i swear i seen it said banned...... unless im seeing things

can anyone answer my question please..i wanna go sleepy! :( "can we appeal against rooneys yellows"/red
He's cracking up, he's cracking up, he's cracking! FORZA'S CRACKING UP!

·
Registered
542 Posts
i go sleepy now welll tiredddddddd gunna go bed now with a confused mind -,-

daniel----- imagineeeeee calm seas and lakes.....i think stephan is right i am cracking up abit :S

81 - 100 of 102 Posts