Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ronaldo as he is on fire before he's even hit his prime. Rooney is quality but he not the kind of player that will get you goals every match but what is great about him is he works his butt off for 90 mins. They are both special and i hope there future lies at Old Trafford for many many years.

Z

·
0 Posts
Rooney isn't prolific enough and Ronaldo will do
one to Spain before he even gets close.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
they will not get near as rooney needs 5 chances to every goal and ronaldo will be gone before he gets near .

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I dont think either of them especially not Rooney he doesnt score that many i think he has about 8 in the league!
BUT obviously if we kept Ronaldo for another 10/12 years then i would be shocked if he didnt get it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Stephen said:
The record is 249 by Bobby.

Rooney has 49 I think.
Ronaldo has something like 55.
Thank you.

I can see Rooney topping that. He is 22, right? I can see him notching at least roughly 15 goals per season until the end of his career, which I would guess could stretch for another 10 years. 10 x 15 = 150 + 50 = 200, but I did say AT LEAST 15 goals per season and he hasn't hit his primer yet ;).

Ronaldo - no, because he isn't a true red, he might, and probably will leave in a few seasons, sadly, but I am simply being realistic.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Roandlo will leave us in the next year or the another he is no loyal but wazza will stay for 15 year he maybe become the most player played WAZZA BETTER THAN Ronaldo AT LEAST LOYAL AND NOT SELFISH BUT BOTH ARE MY TOP FAVOURATE:D

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
i love ronaldo but i cant see him here in 5 years so the recor wont be going anywhere as rooney for all is great work cant hit a cows arse with a banjo

·
Registered
590 Posts
Both have the potential to score a great amount of goals, but 249 is a massive number to be aiming at. Rooney I think will stay longer but to break that record he will have to average 20 goals a season, for the next 10 years? Ronaldo if he continues in the form he is in at the moment, I think he could get there. Especially if he is used more as an out and out striker, but that's another story for another day ;) But sadly we cannot guarentee that he will stick around for the rest of his career, but how I wish he would

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sphinx said:
What's the record and how many do Roo and Ron have?
Bobby Charlton - 249

Rooney - 72

Ronaldo - 81

Here is another one.

Bobby Charlton apps - 759

Giggs - 746

Scholes - 555

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
RichardsReds said:
I hate all this talk of Ronaldo leaving. He may sign a new contract extension. Who knows!?
He's said it himself that he wants to play in Spain.

chapperz said:
Bobby Charlton - 249

Rooney - 72

Ronaldo - 81

Here is another one.

Bobby Charlton apps - 759

Giggs - 746

Scholes - 555
Giggsy will definately get it. Another 14.

Scholes, obviously, won't.

·
Registered
13 Posts
He may wan't to play in Spain but i can see him here for a good few more years, until he is around 29/30 hopefully then if he is getting on a bit we can sell him if he still wants to ply his trade in Spain.

Working for the team then i would go for Rooney

Final outcome Ronaldo is way ahead

However as overall players I really couldn't decide both are vital players to our team as it shows when they don't play.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
jd_united said:
Both have the potential to score a great amount of goals, but 249 is a massive number to be aiming at. Rooney I think will stay longer but to break that record he will have to average 20 goals a season, for the next 10 years? Ronaldo if he continues in the form he is in at the moment, I think he could get there. Especially if he is used more as an out and out striker, but that's another story for another day ;) But sadly we cannot guarentee that he will stick around for the rest of his career, but how I wish he would
Ronaldo is not an out an out striker. He's wasted if he plays there. He scores more from out wide; more effective from out wide; he is a winger.

Playing him up front is a waste of talent, like playing Rooney down the left or Giggsy up top.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts