Manchester United Talk banner

Rooney wants to play

1K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Anderson's God 
#1 ·
Wayne Rooney wants to play for Manchester United this weekend against Everton.

The Sun says Rooney last night told boss Alex Ferguson he is raring to return against his old club Everton on Saturday.

Manchester United striker Rooney, 21, has been sidelined after breaking his metatarsal on the opening day of the season.

But he has been out of plaster for a fortnight and training hard.

He was even pushing for a place on the bench in the Red Devils' last game against Sunderland.

But boss Fergie told him to take his time and will be reluctant to risk him for this week's Goodison clash.

Rooney is due to have another scan this week and Fergie will take advice from the United medical team before making a decision.

See less See more
#10 ·
just seen it on sky sports, fergie confirms rooney started full training monday morning, so i dont know where that jouranlist got he was nearly ready for the sunderland game from

i dont think he will be risked against everton, i think he will play some part in our match with sporting

#11 ·
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed that Wayne Rooney is back in training after fracturing his foot.

Rooney suffered the injury against Reading on the opening weekend of the Premier League season and he could be on the bench against Everton at Goodison Park this weekend.

United boss Ferguson will take no risks with Rooney's fitness, but has been happy with the player's progress from the injury.

"He's training, which is good," said Ferguson in The Sun.

"I'd not have brought him back to training unless he was ready.

"The latest scan was good and I'm pleased with that.

"We have to wait and see how his fitness is."

Source: sportinglife.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.