Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think he'll excel next season if Ronaldo goes.

No more being played out of position to suit, well, whoever it suits. Has the potential to be the world's best player. And he will just tell Madrid to ... off should they come in for him. :D

Love Rooney. Quality player if we buy him a partner who he can play behind.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
marty davidson said:
Rooney is way overated does not score enough goals
I think he can score enough goals if he is not defending half the time, if we had benzema alongside him and wingers that set up chances rather than scoring them i think his goal return would somewhat change.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
marty davidson said:
You are joking, right?

Here goes:

Rooney shouldn't be there to score goals. That is not his main aim of his play. Some like van Nistelrooy it is; but Rooney is not that type of player who can be relied upon to always score.

He makes chances, runs about, likes filtering into midfield to get the ball. He scores some cracking goals as well. Behind a natural goalscorer, Rooney will excel. We've seen it before.

Oh, and edit. This season Rooney has scored 18 goals. Not a bad tally, no?

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
It will be Rooneys year this coming season. He wont be breaking bones
in the Euro's so he will come back fresh and raring to go.
I predict a goal return of 25-30 next season in all competitions.
Its gonna be his year.
BELIEVE!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
yeah this is all great and hopeful guys, but are we not forgetting that our best front man that has actually played down the middle has been tevez ? so for the people who are saying we need another player up front fair enough bt where then will we play tevez ? surely he has to be first choice ? but yes i really do hope he can provide us with goals and more importantly some outstanding performances like he did when he fist signed :)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Rooney is the ultimate team player, and I have no doubt that if he was playing just off a main striker, we would see the best of him. I'm not sure wether Ronaldo makes Rooney less effective, but I do feel that when Rooney plays with freedom and confidence that he is one hell of a player.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
I agree, next season Rooney could be absolutely vital. However, he'll need to be given more freedom, much like Ronaldo's role this season, also, he'll have to gain ruthlessness infront of goal and be more selfish!

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Rooney will be quality next season with no internationals, he'll get 20+. This season he was great to. Find the comments about him sometimes amazing.

·
Registered
293 Posts
he is a great player. his job is more to draw the defenders away from someone like ronaldo so that they can score rather then to score goals.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
marty davidson said:
How many goals do you think he should be scoring? :)

He got 23 last season and 18 this season. I think he's capable of hitting 30 goals in a season but only if he's consistently played up front. I know when he's played on the wing he's usually there to do a defensive job but he still doesn't get forward enough.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
marty davidson said:
Just because he doesnt score piles of goals doesnt mean he's over rated!!:mad: He's an absolutely amazing player.. ask anyone who's played football at any sort of decent standard and they will tell you just how good this guy is.. technically and mentally a far superior player to Ronaldo.. he seems to be unlucky when he looks like he's gonna hit some form he picks up an injury..

I hope he'll explode next season! he'll take the extra responsility in his stride.. Fergie will build the team around him now, accomodate his genius, rather than fitting him in and expecting him to play full back like he did in the barca away game when Ronaldo was diving and being a discrace to our club at the other end of the field caring of no1 but himself!

Dont forget although he had a relatively poor and injury ridden season both this year and last he still netted as many as Ronaldo last season and still hit 18 this season... he's also topped the assists chart this year.. possibly last season also (I cant remember)

He's one of the best players I've ever seen, I'd bet Ronaldo will miss Rooney if he does go to Madrid, but Rooney wont miss Ronaldo!

·
Registered
303 Posts
eoininho said:
Just because he doesnt score piles of goals doesnt mean he's over rated!!:mad: He's an absolutely amazing player.. ask anyone who's played football at any sort of decent standard and they will tell you just how good this guy is.. technically and mentally a far superior player to Ronaldo.. he seems to be unlucky when he looks like he's gonna hit some form he picks up an injury..

I hope he'll explode next season! he'll take the extra responsility in his stride.. Fergie will build the team around him now, accomodate his genius, rather than fitting him in and expecting him to play full back like he did in the barca away game when Ronaldo was diving and being a discrace to our club at the other end of the field caring of no1 but himself!

Dont forget although he had a relatively poor and injury ridden season both this year and last he still netted as many as Ronaldo last season and still hit 18 this season... he's also topped the assists chart this year.. possibly last season also (I cant remember)

He's one of the best players I've ever seen, I'd bet Ronaldo will miss Rooney if he does go to Madrid, but Rooney wont miss Ronaldo!
looooooooove him to bits .....

S

·
0 Posts
Clueless bloody MPs , dont you just love them. :mad: :mad:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7438816.stm

Rooney is 'bad example' for youth
Wayne Rooney
Tory MP Tobias Ellwood said young people lacked suitable role models

Wayne Rooney has been condemned in the House of Commons for setting a bad example to children.

Conservative MP Tobias Ellwood said the England and Manchester United forward is undermining authority when he challenges referees' decisions.

"A four-year-old sees how Wayne Rooney goes up to a referee and starts swearing at them, and thinks that's the way you deal with authority," he said.

He believes the Premier League should introduce a sin-bin as in Rugby League.

The sin-bin is the bench where all players who have committed a yellow card offence sit out of the game for 10 minutes.

During a parliamentary debate about knife crime, Mr Ellwood, MP for Bournemouth East, said young people lacked suitable role models.

"There are many people - many young people - who perhaps come from broken families, who perhaps come from situations where there is an absence of role models, who now look up to these people," he said.

"We all play a part in the way our society is formed - and we've got to bear in mind that if we are in the public, people will pick up what we say and perhaps follow how we do it."

He added that such behaviour against authority was one of what he called "the building blocks which leads these individuals to a legacy of crime."

But the Culture Secretary and MP for Leigh, Andy Burnham, defended footballers.

"Players in the public eye do have a responsibility to think of those young people and behave properly," he said.

"But generally I think footballers get too much of a bad name at times.

"The vast majority of them do a lot of good work and people should remember the good things they do as well."

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
eoininho said:

Technically and mentally a far greater player than ronaldo!?!?

Mentally rooney is known to loose it at times and needs to be angry at times to get the best out of him whereas ronaldo can get booed and fouled all game and keeps gettin on with and still scores/sets up a goal or has a great game from the wing. Technically we all know ronaldo is a superior player without doubt but i guess its all about opinions.

I would say that Rooney is englands best technical player without doubt...and that includes joe cole and co but rooney gets the best technical vote for me of english players but in comparison to ronaldo i really dont think he is of the same level in terms of technique.

Pz

;-)

by the way i think rooney is due an amazing season and i think he will have it this coming season. He has had an inconsistant season and stop start season this year to say the least and was outshone this year and last year easily by ronaldo and this year by others players too.

I think the rest and not playin in euro 2008 will bring back the hunger in him!...not that he ever lacked it but bring the better footballer in him out more often.

lookin forward to next season!

pz!

S

·
0 Posts
i think he will shows his skills this season and the next also :p
and this is my own opinions

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
marty davidson said:

- you just said that to make a provocative statement.

I rate Rooney more than Ronaldo.

I know, I complained a lot about his finishing in the 07/08 season, but it was atrocious. Still, he has one of the most beautiful footballing brains in the game today and plays for the team.

If Fergie had to sell either Wayne or Cristiano (maybe held at gunpoint) I'm sure he'd let Ronaldo go first and I'm the same too.

Wayne being coveted by a big club would really get me very emotionless. Rnaldo being coveted by a big club, just irritates me.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts