Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a shame that England's greatest talent this century is being wasted at the greatest club in the world.

No wonder he can't perform for his country, when he hasn't played in his correct position as "the hole" for his club since Saha was a regular.

What a talent. What a waste.

Z

·
0 Posts
Indeed, it's a shame Fergie isn't sensible enough to play with a 4-4-2 with Rooney or Tevez playing off Berbatov, because any fool can see that's where he flourishes. he made a mistake with his formation today and i hope he changes the system for the home game against Villareal. Pick Tevez OR Rooney but NOT BOTH.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
We were Poor today.
We shouldn't Play with Rooney+Tevez+Berba.
I'd rather Played with Tevez and Berba up Front today and Let Rooney on the bench in the First Half.
Then Change Berba With Rooney in Second half.
Also Brown Was Terrible today.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
While I'll admit he hasn't been as good over the last couple of seasons, I've seen him say in interviews that he is happy to be a team player. Ronaldo outshines him so he takes his position. Simple.

I'm a fan of my club before my country so if this means Rooney is sacrificed then so be it, we've been most successful with Ronaldo as the main play-maker instead of Rooney.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Because I'm DC said:
While I'll admit he hasn't been as good over the last couple of seasons, I've seen him say in interviews that he is happy to be a team player. Ronaldo outshines him so he takes his position. Simple.

I'm a fan of my club before my country so if this means Rooney is sacrificed then so be it, we've been most successful with Ronaldo as the main play-maker instead of Rooney.
Me too (Club > Country). I was only using England to back up my argument.

Rooney adds NOTHING to the team playing out on the right.
MUFC loses a major part of the team when Rooney is out wide. (this was proved when every game Rooney weren't playing in, we lost!)

Why play Wayne Rooney (a sensational centre forward) out of position, putting him out of the game, to commodate two other strikers. Leave one on the bench.

Or even Tevez out wide. He's more apt to play out there than Rooney.

Rooney's talent is being wasted.

He was meant to be the best player in the world now. But, in reality, he struggles to get into the top 20.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
I'm a huge advocate of playing him in the hole. He tends to drift a little bit, on his own. That being said, I hate seeing him go from being the best (or at least right up there) supporting striker, to being the 100th best wide man.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
The game was lost in our tactics...if we got the tactics right we could of left with 3 points easily. Maybe this will be a lesson for the entire season? Perhaps Fergie realises that Ronaldo needs to play out right (or any winger in that matter; Nani, Park etc..) and Tevez/Rooney need to be rotated as supporting strikers?

Z

·
0 Posts
sparkic said:
The game was lost in our tactics...if we got the tactics right we could of left with 3 points easily. Maybe this will be a lesson for the entire season? Perhaps Fergie realises that Ronaldo needs to play out right (or any winger in that matter; Nani, Park etc..) and Tevez/Rooney need to be rotated as supporting strikers?
Again, if not for the two defensive mistakes we'd have won the game. So it was lost in those two errors, NOT the tactics.

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
blade mate forget all this fact is we were never dangerous against them
but im sure the response of SAF will be against chuski next week

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Blade said:
Again, if not for the two defensive mistakes we'd have won the game. So it was lost in those two errors, NOT the tactics.
That doesn't matter.

We played crap.
If we play like that next week then Chelsea won't need mistakes to win then.

What would you say then?

Z

·
0 Posts
Stephen said:
That doesn't matter.

We played crap.

What would you say then?
I'm not saying I enjoyed the formation and tactics, I'm just saying that it wasn't the tactics that cost us the game, it was the silly errors. We probably will lose at Chelsea next week, that's not me being a pessimist but Chelsea have been almost unbeatable at home for about four years.

If we dominate the game but lose because of defensive errors, is that Fergie's fault too. My point is that mistakes can happen at ANY time, regardless of how the team is playing.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Stephen said:
That doesn't matter.

We played crap.
Spot on. We were awful today, all over the pitch. The back four were ok but didn't look too comfortable on the ball. Our midfield was overrun and it was the same old same old with regards to the forwards. Since when have Man Utd resulted to long balls up from the defence 10 minutes into a second half?

The team showed a real lack of passion and organisation today. I don't think we had a leader on the pitch and the players had no plan b to break down Liverpool. No variety in our play.

Liverpool deserved the win, and by a bigger margin imho. They were hungrier, had their tactics right, and went for the game.

·
Registered
10 Posts
We need some more grit in midfield. I suggest we play Rooney in place of scholes as an attacking midfielder. I woud like to see how something like this works out

--------------------------------VDS---------------------------------

Brown-----------Ferdinand-----------Vidic----------------Evra

Fletcher/Ronaldo-----Carrick/Hargreaves-------Nani/Giggs

-------------------------Rooney/Anderson-----------------------

-------------------Tevez/Roney-----Berbatov-------------------

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rooney as a centre mid won't work. He'll be pushed up into the whole anyway, and it will leave a hell of a job for the lone centre midfielder.

·
Registered
601 Posts
rooney was affective last game aginst portsmouth after his lone striker position was changed to dropping off more as he got a lot of the bal and he seemed comfortable, rather than playing him again in another role

·
23,699 Posts
I am sick and tired of hearing Rooney, being a team player, should thus be prepared to play or be deployed in whatever position for the sake of the team.

For goodness sake, let him play in his best position that would benefit the team the most - even if he is willing or feels obliged to do otherwise. Likewise for any other player.

But I still doubt even if it was so (or the formation is right), we would have won the match if:

1. Our will and hunger are lacking as compared to our opponents.

2. We made silly errors at the back.

3. We are overrun in central midfield.

4. We concede too many possessions cheaply.

5. We don't build, string and link up our play but employ the worst option, the Route One approach.

6. We are pressed constantly instead of pressing constantly.

Ultimately, after all the preparation and tactical formations, it is really down to the team's performance. Nothing more the management can do on the pitch.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Route one approach.

I stressed about this to some members in the summer over them wanting a big target man. We have this in Berbatov, and results us in playing route one.

And if Berbatov here affects Rooney in a bad way, then I would of prefered it if we kept Campbell and Saha! Seriously.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts