Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a shame that England's greatest talent this century is being wasted at the greatest club in the world.

No wonder he can't perform for his country, when he hasn't played in his correct position as "the hole" for his club since Saha was a regular.

What a talent. What a waste.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Because I'm DC said:
While I'll admit he hasn't been as good over the last couple of seasons, I've seen him say in interviews that he is happy to be a team player. Ronaldo outshines him so he takes his position. Simple.

I'm a fan of my club before my country so if this means Rooney is sacrificed then so be it, we've been most successful with Ronaldo as the main play-maker instead of Rooney.
Me too (Club > Country). I was only using England to back up my argument.

Rooney adds NOTHING to the team playing out on the right.
MUFC loses a major part of the team when Rooney is out wide. (this was proved when every game Rooney weren't playing in, we lost!)

Why play Wayne Rooney (a sensational centre forward) out of position, putting him out of the game, to commodate two other strikers. Leave one on the bench.

Or even Tevez out wide. He's more apt to play out there than Rooney.

Rooney's talent is being wasted.

He was meant to be the best player in the world now. But, in reality, he struggles to get into the top 20.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Blade said:
Again, if not for the two defensive mistakes we'd have won the game. So it was lost in those two errors, NOT the tactics.
That doesn't matter.

We played crap.
If we play like that next week then Chelsea won't need mistakes to win then.

What would you say then?

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Rooney as a centre mid won't work. He'll be pushed up into the whole anyway, and it will leave a hell of a job for the lone centre midfielder.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Route one approach.

I stressed about this to some members in the summer over them wanting a big target man. We have this in Berbatov, and results us in playing route one.

And if Berbatov here affects Rooney in a bad way, then I would of prefered it if we kept Campbell and Saha! Seriously.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Rooney can't, and won't, go anywhere else.

He's too good to play for anyone other than a champions league challenger, and we won't sell him to the other "big 3". City can do one too.

His style of game won't last anywhere else in Europe either.

He needs to get back in form to play. Not shoved out wide to accomodate other forwards.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
To be fair, I don't mind Rooney straying to the wings.

Henry used to do this (probably still does, but dont watch Spanish football) at Arsenal. And he was one of the greatest players on the planet.

Rooney at wing back can be annoying but I feel this only happens after the opposition counter attack from our corner. Because Rooney can hit them he lurks on the edge of the box (with Scholes if he plays), and as it gets cleared he sprints back to help out the players who stayed back (remeber the two centre halfs will still be in the opposite box!).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.