Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rooney was replaced by Carlos Tevez just before the hour mark as a precaution after injuring his ankle and Ferguson was unsure as to the seriousness of the injury.

"Rooney? It is an ankle injury," added Ferguson.

"He just felt it weaken as went for a ball, so we thought we'd take him off."

“We are hoping it isn't ligament trouble,†said the United boss. “He just felt his ankle. I would imagine he would be doubtful for the Blackburn game on Saturday.â€
I hope our injury problems are not piling up again. Rooney was just getting into form and this setback had better not be too serious. If he has to miss out against Blackburn then this is exactly why we bought Berbatov. We have another top striker available to cater for any absence. But I really want Rooney to be ready for selection.

How unkucky is that lad ! Its annoying him getting injured everytime he finds some form .....

Any News ? Is it serious ?

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
I really hope it is not serious. He just scored against Bolton and Aalborg.

Please, please, please do not let it be a serious injury.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
futbol said:
How unkucky is that lad ! Its annoying him getting injured everytime he finds some form .....
Its the story of his career, just as soon as it looks like he's going to on a scoring spree his progress is halted by yet another injury! I hope to god it's nothing!!

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
Like everybody said he is the white Pele, I though he is on way to be top scorer for us this season but again injury.

Hope Rooney is fit for Saturday against Blackburn. He is a true fighter.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Just what we didn't need.

Wayne looked like he'd just found his scoring boots again and it looks like he could be out for some time.

Thankfully we got Berbatov otherwise we would have been left with Tevez as our only striker.

I really do hope Wayne's injury is nothing serious though, just what a bad time for it to come :(.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
I think if it had been ligament damage,theres little chance he'd have been walking off aswell as he did,i could be wrong,but scholes knee was ligaments and he was stretchered off.Hopefully it was just a precation,you never know,it my might a cunning mind game from Fergie to say he's out for Blackburn,then bang he's back live and kicking!

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Rooney's was a twisted ankle from what Rio said after the game.
Shouldnt be out too long though I doubt he will be ready for the weekend.
But with Wazza, ya never know.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I hope hes not injured.

That would leave us with two fully-fit and firing strikers. Obviously theres Manucho, but hes not full-fit or firing atm. Hes still got games to play until hes full-fit.

And I echo what other people have said. He always gets injuries at the wrong time for him.

I feel sorry for him.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I think he was probably taken of as a precaution as he seemed to be walking okay. Chances are he would of started of the bench against Blackburn anyway as he had started the midweek game. Fergy was no doubt going to put Tevez up front with Berbatov for the start of the Blackburn game.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
its not a big deal, he's only 'doubtful' for Blackburn so he has a chance of playing.. likely he'll start on the bench.. he'll be ok for the England games (manutd.com)

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
eoininho said:
its not a big deal, he's only 'doubtful' for Blackburn so he has a chance of playing.. likely he'll start on the bench.. he'll be ok for the England games (manutd.com)
Who cares about Englnd? (an Irish supporter) :D

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
It's a relief he'll be fit for England. We'd have really struggled against Kazakhstan without him. :rolleyes:

If Rooney can not recover in time for the Blackburn game it'll be interesting to see whether it's Welbeck or Manucho who finds a place on the bench.

However, with Berbatov, Tevez and Ronaldo all fit surely we have enough firepower available to us.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
reddwarf said:
It's a relief he'll be fit for England. We'd have really struggled against Kazakhstan without him. :rolleyes:

If Rooney can not recover in time for the Blackburn game it'll be interesting to see whether it's Welbeck or Manucho who finds a place on the bench.

However, with Berbatov, Tevez and Ronaldo all fit surely we have enough firepower available to us.
We do have enough in reserve, but its another halt to what looked like Rooney about to explode with form... I hope he makes the bench on saturday and by the time the internationals are over he's back to his best

1 - 16 of 16 Posts