Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered the thoughts on this young lad? With Moyes coming in and our long standing interest in him would he be someone you'd be happy to see us pick up?

With Nick Powell around and hopefully more involved next season, it may be a mute purchase. I know he's had Injuries but he's highly thought at Goodison and Old Trafford, with our facilities, coaches and experienced players we could mould him into a top player perhaps.

Also on a side note what about you gents thoughts on Will Hughes of Derby?

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
would me a good addition, looked promising but broke his leg and stalled but this season he made good improvements again

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My thoughts are in here...o_O

http://www.manutdtalk.com/index.php?threads/ross-barkley.43392/

As for Will Hughes, I would love to see him join us, he's a much better prospect. We should sign him and then let him stay at Derby for another two years.
Sorry man, that was complete laziness by myself not to search first.

Hughes according to a Derby fan mate has had a plethora of scouts at Pride Park eyeing him up, he says he's the best young player he seen in England in the last 10 years.

·
Rustling & Hustling
8,029 Posts
We'll be linked with Jelavic as a replacement for Rooney, Howard as a replacement for Lindegaard, Distin and Jagielka again, Mirallas as a replacement for Nani, Gibson for Scholes and Ando before the end of the Summer :rolleyes:

·
Registered
440 Posts
We'll be linked with Jelavic as a replacement for Rooney, Howard as a replacement for Lindegaard, Distin and Jagielka again, Mirallas as a replacement for Nani, Gibson for Scholes and Ando before the end of the Summer :rolleyes:
Funny thing is I would take Howard as back up as of late XD

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
Didn't i read somewhere he was pissed at Moyes for not giving him more first team chances last season? If so we've no chance, if not true then i'd say Moyes might be able to get him in and I wouldn't complain one bit, he looks like a real talent.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts

·
GOAT
6,081 Posts
He won't go to Chelsea, not if he wants to be a benchwarmer that is.

I'd love to see him here, his potential is huge and it's not like there's a huge amount of competition for places in our midfield.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Probably too early for him to move to us in January.

But the thing is if we move for someone else in January ( Herrera again maybe ), not sure how/when timing for Barkley will fit for us unless Powell doesn't make it or we change formation to 3 CM's.

Powell will be pushing next year. Hopefully Pereira and Pearson in year or 2 after that and we'll have 4 CM's in the first team. (Fellaini + Carrick + Cleverley + One more).

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
First try to accommodate Kagawa into the first team, then see what happens with Powell, if all fails sign Barkley. But at this moment we are loaded with attacking midfielders.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Barkley can play deeper in the long term surely ?

Kagawa is more a support striker than a AM anyway like Rooney.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts