Manchester United Talk banner

61 - 80 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/martinez-everton-midfielder-barkley-a-talent-comparable-world-s-best-3991768

Funny how Martinez seems to lavish praise on Barkley every time Ravel seems to grab the headlines, think he heard Hogdsons suggestion that it will be either or that go to the WC and not both of them. He'll fetch a much higher price in the summer if he plays in a world cup....;)
Yet Allardyce doesn't seem keen for Ravel to go to the WC as people would see him doing his stuff on the world stage. :LOL:
Has he said that one between Barkley or Ravel is going to be in the WC squad?
If he has, I think he's very wrong... If they're better than others in the list, why not both?! He shouldn't start saying those kind of things with so many time left until the WC squad has to be decided.... Hope both of them go!

·
Agonising transfer muppet
3,306 Posts
Has he said that one between Barkley or Ravel is going to be in the WC squad?
If he has, I think he's very wrong... If they're better than others in the list, why not both?! He shouldn't start saying those kind of things with so many time left until the WC squad has to be decided.... Hope both of them go!
I agree he's wrong but this is what he said:
http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-hodgson-keeping-close-eye-morrison-and-barkley-13101664346

He doesn't suggest here its one or the other but he talks about Barkley when questioned about Ravel, in a way justifying barkley being there as the reason Ravel isn't there. This doesn't suggest it directly but I got that impression from him.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
I agree he's wrong but this is what he said:
http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-hodgson-keeping-close-eye-morrison-and-barkley-13101664346

He doesn't suggest here its one or the other but he talks about Barkley when questioned about Ravel, in a way justifying barkley being there as the reason Ravel isn't there. This doesn't suggest it directly but I got that impression from him.
Ok, ok! I get it now!!
I'd like both of them to be in the WC if they keep playing well! But even if they go, I highly doubt they'll get gametime once in Brazil...

·
3,306 Posts
Ok, ok! I get it now!!
I'd like both of them to be in the WC if they keep playing well! But even if they go, I highly doubt they'll get gametime once in Brazil...
They would be outstanding impact subs though and still better than Lampard and Cleverley for a start. I cant believe that Barkley only played 15 minutes against Chile yet Milner started, Ridiculous.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
They would be outstanding impact subs though and still better than Lampard and Cleverley for a start. I cant believe that Barkley only played 15 minutes against Chile yet Milner started, Ridiculous.
Hodgson looks that kind of manager to me! ahahah.
I think Isco, Thiago, Ilarramendi, Bartra, Koke... are not even going to travel to Brazil. And if they do, I don't think they'll play any minute there! Sad but true...

·
3,306 Posts
Hodgson looks that kind of manager to me! ahahah.
I think Isco, Thiago, Ilarramendi, Bartra, Koke... are not even going to travel to Brazil. And if they do, I don't think they'll play any minute there! Sad but true...
http://www.london24.com/sport/west-ham/there_will_come_a_time_for_changed_man_morrison_in_england_side_says_hodgson_1_2985183

here's a better source:
Former Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson ditched Morrison after becoming disheartened with the attitude of the 20-year-old. But Hodgson believes the player, who scored in the Irons’ 3-1 defeat at Norwich yesterday, is now a changed man.

“From what I understand speaking to [West Ham manager] Sam [Allardyce] and the people at West Ham, this is a player who’s changed himself quite a lot during the last few years so I certainly wouldn’t want to be judging him on his past,” the England boss added.

“I want to judge him on his present and there will come a time, I am sure, where he will become part of an England squad, and if I am lucky enough to be coaching that squad I will get to know him then.

“He is someone we watch and think about. On this occasion, I prefer that he plays the Under-21s and that we keep faith with Barkley in the first national team, but that doesn’t mean to say that Barkley will always be in the first national team squad and Morrison will always be in the Under-21s.”

that looks a "one or the other" to me. Even sounds like he's dismissed Ravel all together from going to Brazil.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
http://www.london24.com/sport/west-ham/there_will_come_a_time_for_changed_man_morrison_in_england_side_says_hodgson_1_2985183

here's a better source:
Former Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson ditched Morrison after becoming disheartened with the attitude of the 20-year-old. But Hodgson believes the player, who scored in the Irons’ 3-1 defeat at Norwich yesterday, is now a changed man.

“From what I understand speaking to [West Ham manager] Sam [Allardyce] and the people at West Ham, this is a player who’s changed himself quite a lot during the last few years so I certainly wouldn’t want to be judging him on his past,” the England boss added.

“I want to judge him on his present and there will come a time, I am sure, where he will become part of an England squad, and if I am lucky enough to be coaching that squad I will get to know him then.

“He is someone we watch and think about. On this occasion, I prefer that he plays the Under-21s and that we keep faith with Barkley in the first national team, but that doesn’t mean to say that Barkley will always be in the first national team squad and Morrison will always be in the Under-21s.”

that looks a "one or the other" to me. Even sounds like he's dismissed Ravel all together from going to Brazil.
It looks like that if he said it that way! I don't know if there's a u-21 championship or something next summer, I hardly doubt it, because we had one this summer... But if there's not, I don't see the point in not wanting the two at the same time in the World Cup squad! Because he says it as if only one of the two can go... He doesn't even want to think about them together, and I don't know why... :S.
Yet Milner will start more than one game in that world cup... Be sure about it!

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
He was brilliant in the derby. First half played a more attacking role and did well and in the second half when asked to play a lot deeper also did well. Something that we have craved so much from the likes of Ando and Cleverly but always ended up in disappointment.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
He's looking like every bit the player that we need at the moment against Arsenal: Skill, Pace, Vision, Passing, Skill, Drive and aggression.

Come on David Moyes sign Barkley boy, we'll go wild wild wild.

·
Your arms are just too short to box with God
30,116 Posts
If you were Ross Barkley or Baines for that matter, where would you prefer to play your football right now?
LOL. Playing Champions League football. And even if we don't make it next season I'd be surprised if Everton did either.

Did he play in central midfield?
No, he rarely does. McCarthy/Barry is a great partnership for Everton. Barkley plays CAM. I think in the future he could play CM but not yet.

61 - 80 of 109 Posts