Manchester United Talk banner

101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,919 Posts
Don't tell me you're not a believer. The kid's a special talent and will eventually finish up CM imo. I'd much rather Barkley than Sneijder for example.
yeah so would I but it's not like we have to pick between the two...

I just don't know if he will end up at CM... sneijder's like 29 and hasn't dropped back yet, why would we push Barkley back sooner? it hasn't worked with lots of other players...

·
The Chosen Juan
4,690 Posts
There's no chance we'll get him in January. He's certainly got the size & strength to play in midfield, but does he actually want to play there? That's something people don't seem to be taking into consideration. I saw the highlights of yesterday's game, so I can understand why everyone is getting excited over him again, but let's not pretend he's been on fire all season. At Old Trafford he didn't really stand-out, & I remember him playing awfully in their game against City, so he's been inconsistent so far.

·
Hi
7,245 Posts
He is inconsistent, thats okay. But the main problem is we need someone whose main position is central midfield. Not attacking midfield. We need someone who will challenge for the ball but have the capabilities to run forward and create chances. Sadly, we do need someone like Yaya Toure. I wouldn't mind signing a young talent midfielder, but I wouldn't feel comfortable if he was our main target.

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
over rooney or kagawa?

he's not a CM....
He has the physical attributes to play as a CM, he reminds me of a midfield Rooney, power, touch, technique, can blast past defenders, he's special and hopefully we can land him if not Gundogan, no doubt in my mind Moyes will try to lure him sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
He is inconsistent, thats okay. But the main problem is we need someone whose main position is central midfield. Not attacking midfield. We need someone who will challenge for the ball but have the capabilities to run forward and create chances. Sadly, we do need someone like Yaya Toure. I wouldn't mind signing a young talent midfielder, but I wouldn't feel comfortable if he was our main target.
This, we already bought a player who excelled for them as CAM and struggling to play him as CM.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Wilshere and Oxlade-Chamberlain (when deployed through the middle) are better in my opinion.

I like how Martinez stressed the need to be patient with Barkley, before comparing him with Ballack and Gascoigne and insisting he possesses some magical ability that no other English player in the history of football can match. He's trying to put him in the shop window a la Owen Coyle with Cahill a few seasons back.

101 - 109 of 109 Posts