Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We lost Guiseppe Rossi, Alan Smith could leave wich leaves us

Rooney
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer[Injured begining of season]
Dong Fangzhou{Ain't Starting}
Louis Saha[Injured begining of season]

Rooney is the only fit powerful striker we have in the begining of the season what do you think will happen[Janury Transfer Window]-Before end of Summer window

I personally think that Tevez will come and we shoould make moves for Huntellar-and Obafemi Martins

and maybe Larsoon:) :D

Gimme ur thougths

·
Registered
406 Posts
Well we've got Rooney, Tevez hopefully, Ole and Saha. We've got options to play the likes of Giggs, Scholes, Ronaldo and Anderson in the hole between one of the strikers and the midfield.

I doubt that we'll be moving for a striker that would cost more than 10million so that rules the pair you've mentioned out. I can see us going for someone like Anelka though. But we're not desperatly in need of an extra striker., we can manage.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Keano's fan said:
Well we've got Rooney, Tevez hopefully, Ole and Saha. We've got options to play the likes of Giggs, Scholes, Ronaldo and Anderson in the hole between one of the strikers and the midfield.

I doubt that we'll be moving for a striker that would cost more than 10million so that rules the pair you've mentioned. I can see us going for someone like Anelka. But we're not desperatly in need of an extra striker., we can manage.
anelka :eek :eek:

he will demand a raise 2 games later
fuk le sulk

·
Registered
406 Posts
I wouldn't want him either but I believe Sir Alex would go for someone like him. A proven experienced striker at a decent price. Thats of course IF Sir Alex felt we needed another striker on top of Tevez.

·
Registered
166 Posts
i dun think we will get tevez and i think that we will turn into a 4-5-1 formation thus the many midfielders signed this summer.....and personally selling rossi was a big mistake..the few games he got to play he was on the scoresheet...y not give him the chance??? its obvious he's a good talent..everybody else wants him :(

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yeah its a strange decision to sell rossi, mabey its an indication that tev is defo coming. smith might be going aswell-so mabey we do need another striker, like anelka! he and saha could make a good partnership! Or mabey gudjohnsen hes a good finisher and would be cheap (as cover)

Seriously, Dong will never be good enough-not sure if we just have him for our far east marketing directive.hes not gonna strike fear into the opposition though ey?

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I'm surprised and disappointed that Rossi has been sold. £7m is a great price for a reserve player but I really thought he was a star in the making. I'll continue to follow his career and wish him all the best at Villareal.

Rooney, Tevez, Saha and Solskjaer looks good on paper but potential injuries are a massive concern - not just to Saha and Solskjaer but if Rooney/Tevez got injured we'd look very lightweight up front.

We may end up keeping Smith rather than bringing in another striker. I think we got more for Rossi than we would have done for Smith so perhaps that's one of the reasons he was sold.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
I'm surprised we sold him.

He didn't play many games for us and couldn't get into the Newcastle team. Maybe he just couldn't handle the premiership's pace. Who knows... We'll never know now...

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I think we have sold rossi and nearly sold smith to raise enough money to buy tevez outright instead on loan with a veiw to buying at the end of the loan. I hope im right, although i agree selling rossi was a mistake if he is wanted by the likes of inter he has obvious talent!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im shocked at the sale of Rossi. Tevez is not a man u player yet, and even if he does become 1, why sell Rossi. Solskjaer is magnificient, but at the end of his career and probably a bit part player, Saha, well we all know bout him, so promising at times but never fit, so that leaves you with just Rooney and Tevez, 1 get injured and then what?? and wheres your goal poacher, they both will score goals, but they are more creative, Rossi is a pure finisher, huge mistake and utd will regret it

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
I think we should buy Gudjohnsen personally. Him + Rooney + Tevez + Solksjaer is a killer combo. Dong is last back up. Sell Saha to Galatasary. Smith....Depends on whats going on in SAF's head.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Justice said:
I think we should buy Gudjohnsen personally. Him + Rooney + Tevez + Solksjaer is a killer combo. Dong is last back up. Sell Saha to Galatasary. Smith....Depends on whats going on in SAF's head.
Gudjohnsen is injured atm I believe

·
Registered
3 Posts
well we got rooney saha solkjaer dong smith anderson ronaldo and giggs who can all play a forward role for us i would say a squad need 4 out and out strikers for us that would be rooney saha solksjaer and smith well smiths on his way saha injury prone and solksjaer legend but cant do 90 week in week out leaves us just rooney i would say sign huuntlaer he looks good and guddjohnson would liike to see him here

i also agree with another post about us playing 4 - 5 - 1 this season look we have just signed some great mmidfielders last season we looked good in midfield so if we slip hargreaves in and nani on left i cant see us getting any better that

as for dong fazoooooo i seen him out in asia and for a kid i would say he doesnt look to bad he is great header of the ball and can hold a ball up well and lay it off he wont be the next big thing but if we do play 4-5-1 we will need strikers who have the ability to hold the ball rooney yes saha yes dong well i would say yes

·
Registered
406 Posts
Dong is nearly 23 though, he needs to deliver. We can't treat him like a youngster when some players reach their prime at 23.

·
Registered
406 Posts
SolskjaertheLegend said:
id hate us to move to 4-5-1..............4-4-2 is the United way IMO.
We played some of our best football last season playing 4-5-1. Plus we lack the wingers for the 4-4-2 formation with Giggsy being moved to a more centeral role.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i think we could play rony and nani out wide have hargreaves carrick and scholes in the middle i fully expect us to start the season 442 but as player regain fitness ii think we will adopt 451

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think 4-5-1 most common for our squad .. told that before we have carrick, scholes and owen ... If the striker is the necessary i think that will be stronger and tall ... there are fast players nani and anderson for the wingers...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts