Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sum people want him as the new scholes, not me, the wee genius that is rossi reminds me more of old franco zola.

anybody got zolas career stats

thoughts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Here are Zola's carrer stats

1984-1987 Nuorese 31 (10)
1987-1989 Torres 88 (21)
1989-1993 Napoli 105 (32)
1993-1996 Parma 102 (49)
1996-2003 Chelsea 229 ( 59)
2003-2005 Cagliari 74 (22)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
veeeeeeeery interestin, not bad. is it worth giuseppe rossi goin to porto for a season, suppose we have to wait and see if anderson gets his work permit. could develop himself in a more physical league like the Portuguese before returning. question about rossi and all, is he an off the main striker or an out and out striker? be good if he was an out and out sort, more chance of him gettin a permanent place at united if he is.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
There are definite similarities between the 2. It would be great if he turned out to be even half as good as Zola. I think you are right about him going off on loan for one more season. Then I think he will be totally ready for United.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Nothing has been confirmed about him going anywhere apart from back to United. If we sign another striker and none leave then there might be a case for him to go out on loan. He is a sought after player but may not get his chance at OT this season. We shall have to wait and see. It would benefit him to go to a physical league to prepare him. Nothing will be decided till after the U21s championship.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I think if united don't sign a striker in the summer, Rossi should be given his chance. Scoring 9 goals in 18 matches isn't bad going for a poor team.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts