Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i really like the guy and i think he's got a great chance to become a top striker. but my friends say he's ''poo'' they say he's 22 if he was gonna make it he would of already and that everytime he plays for us he doesnt do well. and thjat he wasnt even selected for newcastle even though they were lacking strikers etc..

anyone got anything i can say in return to them to keep 'um quiet?

·
Registered
406 Posts
For a start, he's only 20yrs old, hardly too late for him isnt it ? He didn't play at Newcastle cause the management there knows poo about football hence their position at the end of the season and the eventual sacking of the Glenn Reoder.

Everytime he playes for us he doesn't do well ?!! Well lets see, he only had one league start and a couple of late subtitute apperances and he's already scored. He's got two goals in the FA cup from two apperances. And he's got a couple of league cup goals in 5 apperances. Add to that his scring record at Parma, 9 goals in 17/18 games for an average side, and if that isn't impressive I don't know what is.

He deserves a chance, a decent run of games not a couple of sub apperances. he's earned it. He's done the business in the reserves, international level and in Serie A. He's a natural goal scorer who's definitely going to be a top, top player.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
If I'm right, Sir Alex said young Rossi resemble of Paul Scholes. That alone is worth to keep him and also he's a sharp finisher.
Though, Im not so sure Rossi will get that many starts in the first team. If/when Tevez arrives at OT Rossi will be fighting with Smith and Dong about being the 4th pick after Saha, Tevez, Rooney.
And not being on the Asia tour might tell you where he is in the pecking order for the moment!?

·
Registered
406 Posts
That doesn't give us the slightest of clues. United only had two strikers for the start of the tour, so Rossi would've been on the tour wether he was 3rd choice or 7th. He's played in the european championship and was on holiday. Sir Alex didnt think it was wise enough to troubl him with the travelling. it happens so often in preseasons after summer championships. Paul Scholes, Van Nistelrooy and Silvestre for instant didnt travel to the US on the tour of 2004 after the european championship. They were left to train back in Manchester.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
spellbound said:
Oops Sorry. I meant 5th...forgot to mention Ole. Will never happen agian (May 26 1999 in Barcelona)
better not :rolleyes:

Solskjaer. Legend.

Rossi will be a very good player, just give him time

·
Registered
406 Posts
I'm not saying he's still on holiday, I meant he was. He reported back to training a couple of weeks later than the rest of the squad. He still needs preseason games, hence his involvement with the reserves, but he could do without the travelling and the humidity after the busy 6 months he's had.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Spellbound you robbed my picture!

Anyway hang onto Rossi and try and give him some premiership games, early FA Cup games and ALL Carling Cup games.

Good player, just needs match experience now in the premiership. He showed what he can do out on loan last season!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts