Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Juventus' transfer plans have taken yet another battering after Bayern Munich announced that both Lukas Podolski and Bastian Schweinsteiger are off limits.

Juve have already hit a stumbling block in their attempt to sign Xabi Alonso from Liverpool, negotiations having stalled recently while the Spain midfielder has helped his country to the final of EURO 2008.

While the Basque playmaker will almost certainly be on the bench in Vienna, Podolski and Schweinsteiger are sure-fire starters for Germany, who are chasing their fourth European Championship title.

The duo have starred in Austria and Switzerland this month, thus attracting strong interest from a number of clubs across Europe – with Old Lady reported to be their most fervent suitor.

But Bayern spokesman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said: “There is a lot of talk and people seem to forget they have a contract with us. We certainly have no intention of putting them on the transfer market.â€

This announcement comes despite the fact both players endured decidedly indifferent seasons at the Allianz Arena, as they were forced into bit-part roles by newcomers Luca Toni and Franck Ribery.

Schweinsteiger has made no secret of his desire to ply his trade in the Premier League, where Tottenham, Arsenal and Liverpool are all though to be interested in the 23-year-old.

The midfielder's recent comments have also interested Chelsea who may need a replacement for Frank Lampard, should he move to Inter Milan as is being widely reported. The Blues will also be able to reunite Schweinsteiger with compatriot Michael Ballack.

But Podolski's utterances have been more intriguing still, as the Polish-born forward has claimed ex-Bayern boss Ottmar Hitzfeld never gave him the same support that Germany coach Joachim Löw has offered.

He also said, "I may stay with Bayern but the coach has promised to be supportive of whatever decision I make.

"I've always wanted to play there (England) and we'll see if it happens this year."

But Rummenigge questioned the wisdom of much of what the player has recently said.

"I really didn't understand that comment," added Rummenigge. "If he had said such things when he was at Bayern, then there wouldn't have been a problem.

"Hitzfeld has nothing to do with it, it is in his own interests to evaluate the form of the players when putting together his team."

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
If Ronaldo goes (hopefully he will,) I wouldn't mind seeing Schweinsteiger here at all.

Hes a very talented player who would offer us something different.

·
Banned
46 Posts
YAWN . Is that all u can say , Schweinsteiger Schweinsteiger. Please answer this question , during this season would you have even contemplated saying that blonde German would do as a replacement for Ronaldo. No...
Your just saying this now because of the furore surrounding him now
Honestly where would you rank Ronaldo, in the world.cause in my opinion he is by far numero uno. 42 goals proves that mate....
Are you watching the GERMANY SPAIN match. Ramos is ripping Schwein (The german for pig) to bits.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts