Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Russia are starting to produce some great talent.
Yury Zhirkov of CSKA Moscow is my favourite player. He is a quick left winger who has fantastic skill and creativity, he is very talented indeed. He scored the goal voted the best of last season's Champ League. I would love to him in a Man Utd shirt to match the red of Russia.
Andrei Arshavin of Zenit is another great player. He can play in a number of positions, but his best is as a shadow striker. He has great passing ability, dribbling and also scores goals.
There is another player Roman Pavlyuchenko of Spartak Moskow. He is tall and strong in the air and has great movement and finishing. He has a fantastic goalscoring record for Spartak and even Real Madrid are watching him closely. I know that some of you have said Man Utd need another striker, so why not Roman.
I am so proud that Russia are at the Euro 2008, sadly at the expense of England. Russia are really moving forward as a footballing nation and the world will see our talent in the summer.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Since you seem to follow the Russian League, how would rate Chelsea's new right back Ivanovic? He is a player I like and whom Vidic praised. I think he is a really tenacious player, but have not had the chance to watch him a lot.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
When i saw the title of this thread i wondered how long it will take for Vidic (serbian) to be mentioned. Not very long by the looks of it!

·
Banned
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ivanovic is a strong defender, but I didn't think he was Chelsea standard. That move surprised me. I don't see how he will get into the Chelsea defence that is already so strong.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
ivanovic i aint seen him play yet but as for russian players they play on plastic pitchs dont they lol!!! its alot harder on grass !!

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
He's not wrong, Russia do have a wide, varied and strong pool of talent, perhaps not for older players but they have ALOT of talented youngsters.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts