Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poster from London -

" Bottom line for me is RVN left because he was not good enough!"

Please tell me what your thoughts are on this, because i would like to share your responses with this moron...:cool:

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
RVN is a legend...a brilliant player who is adored by soooooo many .not good enough .what planet did that pillock fall from...

Z

·
0 Posts
Ruud Van Nistelrooy was the most prolific striker in the histry of our great club. He
left because he apparently had a fall out with Ronaldo and Fergie.

Ruud scored 150 goals in 219 appearances for us and has so far scored 62 goals in
91 appearances for Real Madrid. He's also scored 33 goals in 63 gmaes for holland.
The man is a goalscoring phenomenon and anyone who says 'he wasn't good enough'
is either a ***** or knows nothing about football.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Ruud Van Nistlelrooy is a United Legend

how the hell scoring 150 goal in 5 seasons with a ratio more than 0.60 is counted as a flop :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
what an idiotic question ? no- offence of course but RVN scored a phenomanal amount of goals for this club and no other utd player has scored anywhere near the amount in the last 40 years and probably nobody has .he scored all these goals in utds weakest squad in the last 15 years and his supply line was sold {beckham} , how you can question him being a flop totally bewillders me :confused:

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I seems to not knowing anything about football anymore;) But if Ruud was a flop United havent had many players worth to remember.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Legend is debatable, but he was in NO WAY a flop.
Incredible goalscoring record as Blade pointed out.
He moved on cos he didnt get on with Ronaldo and he had served his time.
Sometimes its better for all concerned to get a fresh start and thats what happened here.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Ruud is the best finisher this club has ever seen. One of the best ever in terms of pure goalscorers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jazz 16 said:
Legend is debatable, but he was in NO WAY a flop.
Incredible goalscoring record as Blade pointed out.
He moved on cos he didnt get on with Ronaldo and he had served his time.
Sometimes its better for all concerned to get a fresh start and thats what happened here.

No Jazz, RVN is a registered Legend at OT... One of Manchester Uniteds top goalscorers of all time , not at all debatable..:cool:

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
RED_TIDE said:
No Jazz, RVN is a registered Legend at OT... One of Manchester Uniteds top goalscorers of all time , not at all debatable..:cool:
Registered legend? :confused:
Of course its debatable whether he is a legend or not. A lot of people would say he isnt. What defines a legend anyway?

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
The man is a legend, who didn't want to leave.

For a couple years Ruud was the best thing about watching Man Utd and i am totally serious.

A finisher par excellence and a winner. Yes, he was temperamental, but it is that same temper and addiction to winning that made him such a lethal goal-scorer.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
piazza said:
That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Ruud is the best finisher this club has ever seen. One of the best ever in terms of pure goalscorers.
ehhm Dennis Viollet ehm Denis Law ahh Eric Cantona *cough* ehm *cough* :rolleyes:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jazz 16 said:
Registered legend? :confused:
Of course its debatable whether he is a legend or not. A lot of people would say he isnt. What defines a legend anyway?

Er...yes a registered legend...

For your records...

That + 100 goals in 3 seasons? His Legendary status is NOT debatable...

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
abojodeh said:
ehhm Dennis Viollet ehm Denis Law ahh Eric Cantona *cough* ehm *cough* :rolleyes:
Ruud scored more goals then Cantona, in less games. Law played wayyyy more games then Ruud did, and Viollet played at a time where the gulf in class was much bigger than today.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
without doubt ruud is a utd legend and i for one will never forget the incredible amount of goals he scored for this club.i thought the club did the dirty on him the way he was dropped when he was the leagues top scorer .

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jazz 16 said:
I never said I didnt consider him a legend. I was saying that SOME may not consider him that.

lol, no mate, you said he's legendary status was debatable, that effectively means that you could question whether he is in fact an OT Legend :p

As for the others , share the link that i provided for you, that should end the debate abruptly... ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts