Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Robin van Persie will miss Arsenal's UEFA Champions League clash with Manchester United next week.

The Gunners take on the holders in the first leg of their semi-final contest at Old Trafford on Wednesday, in a game being shown live on Sky Sports 2 and HD2 at 7.45pm.

With Europe now representing the club's only chance to pick up some silverware this term, the north London outfit were desperate to have key men available.

However, Dutch striker Van Persie will be forced to watch on from the sidelines as he continues to nurse a groin problem.

On a more positive note, Wenger is set to welcome Manuel Almunia, Johan Djourou and Emmanuel Adebayor back into his first team fold for Sunday's home date with Middlesbrough.

"We will rotate a little bit again, but we have no major injuries from Liverpool (on Tuesday)," Wenger told Arsenal TV Online.

"Manuel Almunia was in full training today (Thursday) and we will see how he responds. Djourou was in full training also so we will see how he is too. Both could come back into the squad.

"It is not enough training to say [for sure] yet, we need 48 hours more. Emmanuel Adebayor should come back into training on Saturday. He could be in the squad.

"But Robin van Persie is definitely out for Sunday and for Manchester United.

"Gael Clichy could be back for the second Manchester United game (on 5th May). He has a scan on Monday. We'll go from there. He has a chance to be back in full training next week."

Sky Sports | Football | News | RVP to miss United test

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Great news. RVP is a quality player and Im glad he is out. Lets hope their defensive frailties continue and our old boy Silvestre plays :D

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Good news, he's been good for them this season and a constant threat to any team. Wenger will have a decision to make if he starts Eduardo alongside Adebayor or if he goes with a five man midfield against us.

Also, Clichy being out would be a plus. Gibbs is young and can be got at like he was against Liverpool. But maybe Wenger would stick Sagna in at LB against us and Eboue in at RB against us.

·
A curry and a crate of wifebeater please!!
25,242 Posts
Great news. RVP is a quality player and Im glad he is out. Lets hope their defensive frailties continue and our old boy Silvestre plays :D
:D Silvestre for an own goal, would be the first time I ever cheered for him!!!!!

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
This is great news..!:D

I rate Van Persie very highy, I think when he's on form he's 1 of the most talented players around..
He has been Arsenal's best player this season, when they were struggling earlier on in the season, he carried the team and got them out of trouble on a number of occassions too..
I think he's top of the assists table in the PL aswell..

Arshavin, Van Persie, Gallas and Clichy all out I think now, think Almunia is coming back though..
Hopefully we can get a good lead out of the 1st Leg at Old Trafford next week..!:)

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Good news.

I really rate Van Persie. He's a very dangerous player and has performed consistently well for Arsenal this season.

Hopefully that means Bendtner will be up front. :D

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Good news for us and that gibbs had a nightmare against liverpool so i expect us to take full advantage of that with ron and brown down the right. Arshavin cup-tied too is a godsend he is a quality player.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
cud be another utd and chelski final again, feel sorry for chelski, they'll be comin home empthy handed again:rofl:

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Also I feel that Bendtner has more potential than you think.
Bendtner must have potential for Wenger to stick with him but at the moment he is pants.

I wasn't sure whether Eduardo would be fit enough to start although if he gets some game time this weekend then perhaps he will.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts