Manchester United Talk banner

41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Nick is not doing bad at wigan....we should sign this kid li jan, leave him there till june and then asses him in preseason.....look at januzaj, he benefited more by stayinh then going out in loan

·
Registered
727 Posts
lol IF we want him, he's not exactly gonna stay at Dundee United.

5 million is a ridiculous fee - that pays for their club 3 or 4 times over.

But he's worth a punt at a few mill.

Yet another #10 though :cautious:

·
Rustling & Hustling
8,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
lol IF we want him, he's not exactly gonna stay at Dundee United.

5 million is a ridiculous fee - that pays for their club 3 or 4 times over.

But he's worth a punt at a few mill.

Yet another #10 though :cautious:
Januzaj------Morrison------Gauld
------------------Wilson----------------

#deadly

·
shipcanal
773 Posts
If we want him badly I don't think Fergie will do badly ,we have enough Scottish firepower to get it done nicely and easily . The question should be whether its too early to bring him here and isn't the jump from Dundee to United too high ? Will he get the adequate minutes to develop further or the appropriate loan move ? I'm saying this with Nick Powell in mind ,where would he be ,as a footballer,if he had stayed at Crewe and played actual first team football last season ?
Fergie may be too busy at the races etc :). I've no idea how good this lad is and calling him the "new Messi" doesn't really help.How many "new George Bests" have we come across over the years ? I think Messi made his debut for Barça aged 17 so if he's that good he should be here in January so we can assess him. Easy FA draw would be ideal. Playing in the Scottish league must be physically challenging so no new problems there. As I said in an earlier post, bring him down in January,weigh things up for 3 weeks then decide - loan, reserves or first team squad. A 5 million quid Messi is the dream of every club :dance:

·
Registered
2 Posts
McMessi is a quality player, as a Dundee United fan I hope we keep him for a couple of years, but if he keeps playing like he did yesterday a big club will be in for him in not too long. We have a few talented players at the moment but I think Gauld helps us get the best out of everybody.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sign him in January, let him stay at Dundee for the rest of the season.

In the summer, take him on tour, let him play in a few friendlies, maybe get a couple of starts.

Once the tour ends, loan him out to a club like Swansea, Wigan or Villa for a year.

When he returns in the Summer of 2015, ready to play a part in the senior squad....give him the #11 shirt.
He isnt at Dundee. That's like saying David Beckham played for Manchester, but worse.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
In today's Daily Mirror...

Manchester United and Liverpool scouts were impressed by Dundee United's 17-year-old midfielder Ryan Gauld after he laid on assists for all four goals in their 4-1 win over Partick Thistle. The Tannadice club are demanding £6m for his services.

·
The Chosen Juan
4,690 Posts
He isnt at Dundee. That's like saying David Beckham played for Manchester, but worse.
I know exactly which club he's at, I just couldn't be arsed to type out the full name, and there's no way I'm referring to his club as "United'' for short.

·
Registered
727 Posts
In today's Daily Mirror...

Manchester United and Liverpool scouts were impressed by Dundee United's 17-year-old midfielder Ryan Gauld after he laid on assists for all four goals in their 4-1 win over Partick Thistle. The Tannadice club are demanding £6m for his services.
My little brother is a Partick Thistle fan (long story) and he was at another game between the two clubs which finished 0-0 (was at Thistle's ground, Firhill) and he said Gauld was the star performer on THAT day too :p. After the weekend, he's utterly convinced that this guy is the best he's seen in a long long time. Players like John Fleck and David Goodwillie have come down to England and failed to make any impression, but to be honest, they were decent but never as talented as Gauld seems to be.

A few pundits in Scotland are apparently saying he should stay at Dundee United, suggesting it'll be the best thing for his career - but I'm not so sure. Even in the youtube clips, you see the sort of treatment he gets from the big, talentless hatchet men that are assigned to deal with that sort of talent the only way that they know how to, by hacking him down at all costs. It's a very physical league, maybe even moreso than it is down here.

Still, maybe Dundee United would be amenable to some sort of long term loan-deal a bit like with Zaha- so the kid gets game time as well as getting the big paycheck that his talent probably deserves.

I am pretty sure that ourselves and Liverpool will be making bids for him - our scouts were spotted watching him, and making 4 assists and generally looking like a tartan Messi has got to be worth a punt :LOL:

Great little team they've got at Dundee United all around, by the way. Lots of good players coming through, playing the right way and enjoying their football. The Arabs must be loving it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My little brother is a Partick Thistle fan (long story) and he was at another game between the two clubs which finished 0-0 (was at Thistle's ground, Firhill) and he said Gauld was the star performer on THAT day too :p. After the weekend, he's utterly convinced that this guy is the best he's seen in a long long time. Players like John Fleck and David Goodwillie have come down to England and failed to make any impression, but to be honest, they were decent but never as talented as Gauld seems to be.

A few pundits in Scotland are apparently saying he should stay at Dundee United, suggesting it'll be the best thing for his career - but I'm not so sure. Even in the youtube clips, you see the sort of treatment he gets from the big, talentless hatchet men that are assigned to deal with that sort of talent the only way that they know how to, by hacking him down at all costs. It's a very physical league, maybe even moreso than it is down here.

Still, maybe Dundee United would be amenable to some sort of long term loan-deal a bit like with Zaha- so the kid gets game time as well as getting the big paycheck that his talent probably deserves.

I am pretty sure that ourselves and Liverpool will be making bids for him - our scouts were spotted watching him, and making 4 assists and generally looking like a tartan Messi has got to be worth a punt :LOL:

Great little team they've got at Dundee United all around, by the way. Lots of good players coming through, playing the right way and enjoying their football. The Arabs must be loving it.
Fleck didn't even make an impression in Scotland and Goodwillie is warming the bench at Dundee United now. James McCarthy or Steven Fletcher, among others, would be better examples and Gauld is miles better than they were.

·
Registered
572 Posts
ignoring his assist stats, this kid looks like the real deal.
what I like is, that he is brave.
17 years old and running at defenders with the ball in a direct fashion.
£5m? you're having a laff. this kid is worth £10m now and with people like giggs around, he can encourage this ryan to be the new "giggs" for the next 15-20 years

Mr moyes - go get your countryman and give him some game time with our first team - this season!!!

·
Registered
3,482 Posts

His 4 assists.

Seems impressive.

Good vision with all of them and the ability to thread a pass through.

41 - 60 of 86 Posts