Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ark Ji-Sung recently expressed concerns that talks over a new contract at Manchester United have yet to begin, Neville's deal is up in the summer, while Tevez has been tipped for an exit with increasing intensity since the arrival of Dimitar Berbatov.

Real Madrid and Inter Milan are among a number of clubs who have in recent months sought talks with Media Sports Investment (MSI), the firm which owns the Argentine star's rights.

"I have no idea about Tevez," Ferguson was quoted as saying on Sky Sports News.

"The contract is due to be the end of the season anyway but obviously we tried to bring it forward and we will keep trying to do that.

"But it is difficult with agents sometimes. All the managers signing players this January will experience that."

Regarding Neville's situation, Sir Alex said: "I have not spoken to David (Gill) about it but I am sure there will be another contract because Gary has been back to his best.

"He is looking really good now and he did a crucial job for us when we brought him on against Middlesbrough last Monday.

"The experience he has is so important to us."

Finally, the United boss gave assurances that Park will be offered the new deal that he covets.

"It is not on the radar screen but he will be offered a contract," said Ferguson.

"Ji has been fantastic for us and is one of our most consistent players."

goal.com

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
RedForceRising said:
For Park's detractors - please take a look at the last line.

It's not just lip service.
We dont need Fergie to tell us Park got what it takes to play for United. We can just watch the games to see that with our own eyes.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
spellbound said:
We dont need Fergie to tell us Park got what it takes to play for United. We can just watch the games to see that with our own eyes.
Well, apparently some members can't . so for those, SAF's words might be an encouragement to watch without bias.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Really hope Gary Neville, Park Ji-sung & Tevez will sign new contract soon.
I think Park Ji-sung is better than Nani, especially in defensive.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Well, apparently some members can't . so for those, SAF's words might be an encouragement to watch without bias.

Im 50/50 on park I agree but people are allowed there opinion on players thats just how football fans opperate .

Ive sat next too a load of fletcher haters for the last 2 season when I go to the match . Im not saying I like it but I bite my lip as I believe he is a good player its just that other people have a different view .

There are people who call Park but it can only be for the reason he lacks the killer instinct and you cant deny that .

He put in a momentus display against Barcelona last season and earned the right in my view to be in the squad for moskow .

For some reason Fergie decided he wasnt to be part of it what to this day baffles me some what after what he did for us during the semi final .

In my view Park is a quality squad player and deserves to be offered a new contract for the next 2-3 years at the very least .

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Good stuff to see Park getting a n ew contract he's a huge asset to the squad, and has had a cracking season for us he's been our best winger IMO, Nani hasn't really shone and Giggsy has been poor some games, so Park has a done a good job. As for Neville I know he's a legend but why the new contract :|

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
RedForceRising said:
there are plenty of idiots on the forum, try to ignore them like I do, I'm a big fan of park, and its great to see Fergie wanting to give Gary 1 more contract, he deserves it... if Wenger had the same mentality he'd already have the experienced players he thinks he needs to buy now! Pires and Vieria would have been vital to them last season, and I think they would have won the league if they did have them amongst the squad...

who's getting the better experience in the Carling cup? a team of kids or a team of kids lining up with the likes of Giggs Scholes and Neville? easy question!

(Sorry dunno how I made that into an Arsenal Rant!)

Re Tevez, really want to get him signed up! We'll never assemble a better striking wealth of talent ever again if we let him slip away, 10 years without him instead of with him would make me sad!

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
Park should definitely get a new contract, neville should get a deal till june 2010, and for tevez I really don't want to see him play for Inter or real

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I love it when ANY United player gets offered a new contract.
Park and Nev deserve it more than most tbh. Im delighted.
Lets just hope Tevez gets his sorted at some point.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
I love it when ANY United player gets offered a new contract.
Park and Nev deserve it more than most tbh. Im delighted.
Lets just hope Tevez gets his sorted at some point.
park is a good squad player and deserves his contract as for nevvile hes a ledgend who deserves one last contract!

tevez thoigh....im still not convinved hes worth all the money:confused: just say if we could buy david villa for an extra 10 million who would you sign jazz?

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
cantos red army said:
park is a good squad player and deserves his contract as for nevvile hes a ledgend who deserves one last contract!

tevez thoigh....im still not convinved hes worth all the money:confused: just say if we could buy david villa for an extra 10 million who would you sign jazz?
Forget Villa. If we can keep Tevez then we should try our best, but I
suspect he will have the final word. Does he want to sit on the bench?
Will he stick around? Who knows!!! If he goes we have to respect that but most
of us want him to stay. He scores so many important goals and always puts in a shift.
Id be well miffed if he did go, but its a wait and see situation. We can only talk
about possible replacements if he does go (and for me Benzema would be top of that list)

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Forget Villa. If we can keep Tevez then we should try our best, but I
suspect he will have the final word. Does he want to sit on the bench?
Will he stick around? Who knows!!! If he goes we have to respect that but most
of us want him to stay. He scores so many important goals and always puts in a shift.
Id be well miffed if he did go, but its a wait and see situation. We can only talk
about possible replacements if he does go (and for me Benzema would be top of that list)
i just mentioend him because valencia are in trouble money wise so they would have to sell if we put in a bid of say 25-30 mill!ohh no doubt he scored some important goals last season he nearly won is the league when you think about it the goals agasint spurs blackburn etc! and i agree when ever he does play he puts in a 110% and im one of his biggest fans but i dont think hes the type of striker we need! as for is he happy he says he wants o stay but i doont think he is that happy i think after he got dropped after scoring the 4 goals agasint blackburn hegot fed up off playing second fiddle!

tbh id be happy if he stayed and signed a new long term deal but id much rather someone who stays up top and is a clincal finisher as you siad benzema or villa or someone like that

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Good news about Park. I'm a big fan, and he's been a good signing for us, especially when you consider he only cost £4m.

But, as sad as it is to say, I really don't think Neville should get a new contract. I think we should let him go, or sign him up for another role at the club.

As for Tevez, I'd really like him to stay. He's a great player and has been fantastic for us. However, I still think we're missing something from our attack, and I'm still not sure whether he will be here next season.

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Tevez contract to be tied up soon, at least I hope so. Hope its done before the season ends, or the offers are gonna be coming in, and he might be tempted to leave.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Gnonymous said:
Really hope Gary Neville, Park Ji-sung & Tevez will sign new contract soon.
I think Park Ji-sung is better than Nani, especially in defensive.
That's all , Nani 's better in all other departments.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Good for Park, he definitely deserves it. Only person I can think of that works harder is Rooney or Tevez. 3 Lungs Park definitely has earned another contract even if he doesn't have the finishing touch, the number of times he saves possession or sets up goals more than makes up for it

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Tevez unfazed by deal delay
United striker still expects to sign permanent contract

Tevez: Uncertain future

Carlos Tevez remains optimistic that an agreement can be reached to make his loan deal at Manchester United permanent.

The Argentine ace is set to see his two-year contract with the club come to an end this summer, but is yet to have his long-term future resolved.

Speculation has suggested that he may decide to accept a new challenge away from Old Trafford, with first-team opportunities having proven hard to come by this term.

However, Tevez insists he wants to remain with the reigning Premier League champions and is not reading too much into United's failure to tie him down.

"We have not started talks with Manchester United yet, though I am keen to stay," he declared.

"Sir Alex Ferguson has told me he wants me to remain a United player and that is certainly my desire too.

Relationship

"My contract ends in the summer and we have agreed to sit down at the end of the season and discuss a new contract, nothing I have heard from the club suggests it will be otherwise.

"There is simply no reason to sit down now. I have a great relationship with Sir Alex and I hope that will continue long into the future."

The man who presides over Tevez's economic rights, Kia Joorabchian, also believes a deal can be struck with United.

He added: "Manchester United have indicated they would like to sign Carlos for the long term, but we have not started negotiations yet.

"There is no urgency as his contract runs until the summer. Carlos has always said his intent is to stay at United and nothing has changed.

"The supporters have been amazing to him and he loves the club."

1 - 20 of 22 Posts