Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a little quiz like the man utd one in man utd chat..but only all about the great sunderland

1. which two years did sunderland win the FA cup in the 1900s
2. who scored for sunderland on the opening day of the 07-08 season
3. who is the sunderland chairman
4. name 3 ex manchester united players in the sunderland squad (no loaned players)
5. what was on sunderlands old badge that represents the town
6. fill in the gaps:
g____ L_________ (player)
B____ C___ (nick name)

more coming when you get this right
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,238 Posts
safcfan_cjl said:
just a little quiz like the man utd one in man utd chat..but only all about the great sunderland

1. which two years did sunderland win the FA cup in the 1900s
2. who scored for sunderland on the opening day of the 07-08 season
3. who is the sunderland chairman
4. name 3 ex manchester united players in the sunderland squad (no loaned players)
5. what was on sunderlands old badge that represents the town
6. fill in the gaps:
g____ L_________ (player)
B____ C___ (nick name)

more coming when you get this right
1. no idea
2. niall quinn
3.
4. keiron richardson , phil bardsley , liam miller ,
5. Was it a mackem that was a quess
6. grant leadbetter black cats
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fazman said:
1. no idea
2. niall quinn
3.
4. keiron richardson , phil bardsley , liam miller ,
5. Was it a mackem that was a quess
6. grant leadbetter black cats
4. all correct
6. also correct..no others there
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,467 Posts
1.1973 and ?
2.Chopra vs Spurs
3.Niall Quinn
4.Richardson, Miller, Bardsley
5.shipping (yard)
6.Grant Leadbitter, black cats
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,467 Posts
safcfan_cjl said:
go on jazz...il give you shipping...it was a ship...just need the other date for FA cup wins
I could google it but that would feel like cheating. I remember hearing about the 73 one.
Porterfield was a hero for you lot. Didnt he die recently as well.:(
Ill guess 1954 for the other one. Complete guess.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wrong and yeah porterfield dies recently...we gavr him an amazing send off at the reading game
stand up for the porterfield for ten minutes and all sorts
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,740 Posts
1. which two years did sunderland win the FA cup in the 1900s? Havent a clue :)
2. who scored for sunderland on the opening day of the 07-08 season? M.Chopra
3. who is the sunderland chairman? Niall Quiinn
4. name 3 ex manchester united players in the sunderland squad (no loaned players) Urm Higgingbotham, K.Richardson and Paul McShane?
5. what was on sunderlands old badge that represents the town? Dont know :|
6. fill in the gaps:
g rant Leadbitter (player)
BlackCats (nick name)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nemanjaa...look at jazz's first post in this thread...has all answers except the second (well first in time order) FA cup win
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,926 Posts
1. which two years did sunderland win the FA cup in the 1900s
1973 & 1972
2. who scored for sunderland on the opening day of the 07-08 season
Chopra
3. who is the sunderland chairman
Niall Quinn
4. name 3 ex manchester united players in the sunderland squad (no loaned players)
K. Richardson & Dwight Yorke & Paul McShane
5. what was on sunderlands old badge that represents the town
Some sort of animal? (Guess)
6. fill in the gaps:
g____ L_________ (player)
Black Cats (nick name)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,740 Posts
Im sure Sunderland won the league around the 1920/30's so i would be suprised if they had won the fa cup round then some time ? ill guess something like 1929 ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
anyone gonna have a guess nemanjaaa was right that we won the league around that sort of time. that should help
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
590 Posts
safcfan_cjl said:
just a little quiz like the man utd one in man utd chat..but only all about the great sunderland

1. which two years did sunderland win the FA cup in the 1900s
2. who scored for sunderland on the opening day of the 07-08 season
3. who is the sunderland chairman
4. name 3 ex manchester united players in the sunderland squad (no loaned players)
5. what was on sunderlands old badge that represents the town
6. fill in the gaps:
g____ L_________ (player)
B____ C___ (nick name)

more coming when you get this right
1. 1917 and 1964.... both purely guesses :rolleyes:
2. Michael Chopra (1-0 win against Spurs last minute winner?)
3. Nial Quinn
4. Kieran Richardson, Dwight Yorke, Andy Cole
5. Black Cat? :confused:
6. Gary Leadbitter?
Black Cats

Hope i didn't do too bad :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
jd_united said:
1. 1917 and 1964.... both purely guesses :rolleyes: 110% wrong
2. Michael Chopra (1-0 win against Spurs last minute winner?correct)
3. Nial Quinnyup
4. Kieran Richardson, Dwight Yorke, Andy Coleall correct
5. Black Cat? :confused: noo
6. Gary Leadbitter?
Black Catscorrect

Hope i didn't do too bad :eek:
7/10 i think lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Couldnt resist...sorry :(

1. 1937 and 1973.
2. Michael Chopra.
3. Niall Quinn.
4. Paul McShane, Kieran Richardson, Danny Higginbottom, Martyn Waghorn, Dwight Yorke, Philip Bardsley.
5. Boat, Due to our Shipyards etc.
6.
: Grant Leadbitter.
: Black Cats.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lol yeah
except, i thought waggy was from round here(sunderland
anyway...new quetions
1. name the last car trading company sunderland had as their sponser
2. what was the south-west corner nicknamed by metro radio
3. who ' plays left-wing, loves mcdonalds and burger king' song words
4. in the song 'when i was young', what was the only tune that 'i' could play
5. fill in gaps
R__ K____(an obvious one for you)
I__ P__________(legend)
J...M...(another legend without gap amounts)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,467 Posts
cjl_safcfan said:
lol yeah
except, i thought waggy was from round here(sunderland
anyway...new quetions
1. name the last car trading company sunderland had as their sponser
2. what was the south-west corner nicknamed by metro radio
3. who ' plays left-wing, loves mcdonalds and burger king' song words
4. in the song 'when i was young', what was the only tune that 'i' could play
5. fill in gaps
R__ K____(an obvious one for you)
I__ P__________(legend)
J...M...(another legend without gap amounts)
1.Reg Vardy
2.
3. Andy Reid
4.
5. Roy Keane, Ian Porterfield,

thats all I got off the top of my head..... How we supposed to know 2 & 4??:confused:
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top