Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roy Keane is set to splash £8.5m on Manchester United crock Louis Saha.

And in the process Keane is ready to make the injury-prone striker the highest-paid player in Sunderland history with a deal worth a staggering £50,000-a-week over three years – around £7.5m.

The Frenchman's Old Trafford career has failed to take off since his £12.8m switch from Fulham, four-and-a-half-years ago.

Saha, who turns 30 this week, has struggled with a string of injuries.

His season was ended last term in mid-March after scoring just five goals for the Premier League and European champions.

Keane is desperate to add extra firepower to his squad after last season's relegation battle, with main striker Kenwyne Jones injured. And he is confident his pursuit of Saha – who was at the Stadium of Light on Saturday to watch the Black Cats' 1-0 defeat to Ajax – is set to reach a successful conclusion with United boss Sir Alex Ferguson.
The Sunderland manager has splashed £20m on six summer signings, but expects to spend more before the window shuts at the end of the month.

He said: “Hopefully there will be two or three players coming on board before the transfer window closes – and we're looking at bringing n another striker.â€

·
Registered
29 Posts
well if this is the case Fergie needs to get his bloody finger out !!! Am getting increasingly worried with the firepower we are going to have in the opening months and games with suspensions and injuries. If he doesnt buy anyone *cough*striker*cough* Berbatov*cough* all we will have to go with up fornt is Tevez, Rooney and fraizer Campbell !! And not one of them is prolific and what if one gets injured?
And i can safely say i believe Roy Keane has signed a very good player in Saha as long as he stays injury free.

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
8.5 mil , this is a ridiculous amount to pay out for a player who will spend the best part of the season on the treatment table.

saha is quality he has pace scores goals he works hard for the team without doubt he is a fantastic talent, he was superb for fulham its a downright shame he cant stay injury free.

i think it would be a massive gamble , but only because of his injury record

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Good luck to him, I suppose. That's probably not going to help him stay fit, but 8.5 mil? Tasty.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Well, 8.5m is a good price for us.

As most people have probably noticed, I'm a Saha fan. Hes a fantastic player, one of the best in the country when fit. But when fit is the point.

Hes been dreadfully unlucky with injuries at United, which meant we only got to see the best of him for about a 5 month spell (if that was the best of him. Who knows, he maybe could have been a better player than he showed in those 5 months had it not been for injury)

But hes always been as committed as could be expected and has more loyalty than someone else who I won't name.

But Thanks Saha, and good luck.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I love Saha...il be so sad to see him go :(

The price is no shocker for me because he is a wonderful player bar the injuries..

I just hope he can stay injury free and get back up there as one of the EPL's best..

I guess it means we are going to get a new striker? Berbatov will keep his No. 9 from Spurs? I really hope so.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
8.5 mil is a fantastic price for him, its a real shame that hes had so many injurys over the past few seasons cause hes gotthe abilty to be one of the best strikers he can use both feet and hes strong and good in the air, i hope for his sake he can stay fit for keano and help them out so good look to him and thanks for the goals :D

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
if utd get 8.5 million for saha it has to go down as utds greatest transfer.saha is a quality player but is injured most of the time and i can't ever see that changeing , i just hope this transfer goes through whatever the cost.
if utd do sell saha then i can see us get a new striker for the new season to cheer us all up.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
i don't think so...that's a lot of money for player who stood injured more than he played...Saha was a great asset to the club...especyaly at the first part of the 2006/07 season after Ruud left....but...after that...injury..and again..and again....it would be interesting to see what happens....but i realy real want a new strikers as a cover!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
he'll be a great addition to the black cats, and bad for united if we are still in injuries time and no signings yet. good news to keane, but not to fergie.
lets hope we got new striker so we can sell our french striker to them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts