Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manchester United striker Louis Saha has suffered a fresh injury setback which
looks set to rule him out of tomorrow's trip to Aston Villa.

But United skipper Gary Neville, out since March with an ankle injury, is poised to
make his long-awaited comeback on the bench at Villa Park.

Injury-prone Saha has had a recurrence of the knee problem which has blighted
his United career and has not trained all week.

How long is Fergie going to put up with this Saha nonsense ?

I joke early in the season he will get off the bench and get injury before reaching
the pitch but I never think this will happen - but yes Sahahaha managed to even
do this !!!!

I feel sorry for people who think he is good - because you never get a chance to
see him play - ooooops down he goes AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN !!!!

·
Registered
505 Posts
I don't appreciate you calling him 'Sahahaha', it isnt his fault he's injured again. Do you think he breaks down on purpose.

Please get behind our players carly.

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
unitedred said:
I don't appreciate you calling him 'Sahahaha', it isnt his fault he's injured again. Do you think he breaks down on purpose.

Please get behind our players carly.
I'm behind every one of them - even Rio now because I was WRONG about him - I dont mind being wrong.

But Saha.............everyone says "yes when he is fit he is this and he is that"......but when do we get to see him in more than 5 games without injury.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Why were you wrong about Rio?

Why did you even doubt him in the first place?

Did you hate Keano when he was doing the same Rio did for a new contract, but in an even worse fashion? These are footballers, they're only looking after their own interests.

Anyway, back to Louis. I agree it is frustrating that he keeps getting injured because when he plays regularly we've seen what he's made of and that he is a truly world class player. However, I dont think we should be turning against him or abusing him for it, he doesn't get injured on purpose.

I really hope he sorts himself out or else sadly United's patience will run out. That will be a shame because he's a great player. :(

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
unitedred said:
Why were you wrong about Rio?

Why did you even doubt him in the first place?

Did you hate Keano when he was doing the same Rio did for a new contract, but in an even worse fashion? These are footballers, they're only looking after their own interests.

Anyway, back to Louis. I agree it is frustrating that he keeps getting injured because when he plays regularly we've seen what he's made of and that he is a truly world class player. However, I dont think we should be turning against him or abusing him for it, he doesn't get injured on purpose.

I really hope he sorts himself out or else sadly United's patience will run out. That will be a shame because he's a great player. :(
I said a few times I was thinking maybe Rio was going down the hill, lol.....but he prove me wrong which makes me happy.

I dont ever say Saha is no good player - he is very good of course - but surely it is better to have player less good but always available.

My patience has ran out long time ago and soon Fergie's will too I think.

If he makes full recovery very good.........but I doubt this !!!

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Saha has played over 100 games for United and scored 39 goals which has to be acknowledged. Ok he does get injured a lot but its hardly his fault. It must be seriosly depressing for the man. He has scored some quality and important goals for us over the years and he still has lots to offer. Yes every fan wants to see more of him and we are starting to get frustrated as well but he WILL come good. We have Rooney and Tevez to play in the mean time, which is fine by most of us, but Saha offers us something really different as a player. When he regains fitness he will be vital to our team. He could be the player that makes all the difference at the end of the season.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Saha isn't a crybaby exactly though, he's a teamplayer and won't mind being on the bench if it benefits the team.

I wouldnt sell Louis.

But i'd sign another striker in there. Huntelaar or Anelka preferably. :cool:

Jazz 16 said:
Saha has played over 100 games for United and scored 39 goals which has to be acknowledged. Ok he does get injured a lot but its hardly his fault. It must be seriosly depressing for the man. He has scored some quality and important goals for us over the years and he still has lots to offer. Yes every fan wants to see more of him and we are starting to get frustrated as well but he WILL come good. We have Rooney and Tevez to play in the mean time, which is fine by most of us, but Saha offers us something really different as a player. When he regains fitness he will be vital to our team. He could be the player that makes all the difference at the end of the season.
Top post.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
We should keep hold of Saha because he is a great striker but we really need a better 4th choice striker than Dong because we can't rely on Rooney and Tevez all the time.

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When he is fit....when he is fit.......when he is fit......

3 years I hear these words - well maybe we wait some more - dont hold your breath though.

Unitedred yes..........Anelka sounds good to me - I say this end of last season to grab him !!!

·
Registered
505 Posts
To be fair carly, did you see us for the first 5 months of last season, Saha was fit all that time, scored 12 goals and was on fire. Id keep him just for that little possibility he could stay fit for a long stretch of games.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
unitedred said:
Saha isn't a crybaby exactly though, he's a teamplayer and won't mind being on the bench if it benefits the team.

I wouldnt sell Louis.

But i'd sign another striker in there. Huntelaar or Anelka preferably. :cool:
Ta by the way.

Agreed about another stiker-Anelka could be very possible in January now that their manager has gone. Huntelaar as we all know is a massive prospect. If we dont sign him another big team will. Think he scored for the Dutch this week as well.

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
reddwarf said:
I wonder if LA Galaxy will sell Beckham - he seems injured all the time. lol
It's the Beckham name they want not the player. The name is worth the money now - not the man himself.

Anyway - we talk Saha here not Beckham

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
It's the Backham name they want not the player. The name is worth the money now - not the man himself.

Anyway - we talk Saha here not Beckham
Yeah, I know - it was a joke.

Many players have suffered injuries throughout their careers - it is not uncommon for pacy strikers to have numerous problems with their legs.

Saha is worth waiting for imo - we just need to make sure we have adequate back up for when he is injured.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
RichardsReds said:
how long is he out for then?
Good question.

I've checked BBC, ITV, Sky Sports and Man United website and can't find any info.

Anybody have a link to one of those injury list websites?

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
When he is fit....when he is fit.......when he is fit......

3 years I hear these words - well maybe we wait some more - dont hold your breath though.
in those 3 years u say.....he's played over 100* games

not too bad is it?

*info got from jazz's post so blame him if its wrong :p

1 - 20 of 33 Posts