Manchester United Talk banner
41 - 60 of 121 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
sparkic said:
I loved Saha when he played...he scored on his debut/my birthday! I loved him ever since lol He is even featured in my hotmail password and stuff lol I guess i got to change it now :( Even my scouse mates say he just oozes class when he plays.

All the best for the future mate...I hope you can stay injury free and kick ass!

I hope this leaves the no 9 t-shirt for Berba since he wears it at Spurs...I think Gill and Fergie would not of sold Saha if they did not have someone already in deep negotiations...I think after the Super Cup he will be revealed and I believe strongly we are going to get someone.
definitely...but i think we should have waited with saha sale----- i mean that leaves us on 3 strikers (if we buy huntelaar or berba and if you don't count manucho who is yet to show us if he's any worth )

·
Registered
10 Posts
its on skysports.com now...ive never questioned ferguson before but its leavin the squad very short of cover up top...only rooney and tevez...i know campbell is there but he wouldnt be premiership tried and tested

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
TheManc said:
I don't want him 2 go tbh. I know he's a cripple but I remember his form in the early parts of 06/07 where he was amazing.
lol :D
Yeah Im going to miss Saha too. I was always one of the ones sticking up for
him but I guess now he will never get his chance at OT. I like Everton so I hope
he does well for them. Now I need to ask my Toffee mates what they think.

·
Registered
42 Posts
See ya round sick note, adios to the ultimate carrot on a stick player. They should name the OT sick bay after him.

(n.b. Saha did have some excellent moments for us and is fundamentally a great player with two good feet, header, speed, strength, etc etc but over so many years with so few apprearances and pretty poor statistics I say good riddance. The ultimate insult is destined to come when he nets 20 goals for the toffees in an injury free season...)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Louis when he's fit is a top striker but there lies the problem, WHEN he's fit. Unfortunatly we could never rely on him because he was just so prone to picking up injuries :(.

Good luck to Louis though, I can see him doing well at Everton when he's fit :rolleyes:

I hope this now means United have got someone lined up to come in. We cannot possibly go into the season with our only senior strikers being Rooney and Tevez can we :eek:

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
interesting move....

Everton will be burdened with the injuries now! :rolleyes:

Good luck to hij, he was great 2 seasons ago, so Ahe's in my good books of course! ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
jd_united said:
I hope this now means United have got someone lined up to come in. We cannot possibly go into the season with our only senior strikers being Rooney and Tevez can we :eek:
god i hope not!!!

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
David Moyes is a very brave man. Would you sell Andy Johnson and bring in Louis Saha? I know I wouldn't. Saha is a terrific striker but I've never known a United player to be so injury prone.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
HA!

I go to sleep and when I wake up Saha is on the way out. Just last wekend Fergie was saying, you don't give up on a striker like Louis Saha because he's so special.

What a load.....

I guess in football as in business you gotta say the right words at the time without actually meaning them.

In any case, I hope we get a decent sum for him.

Last summer Lyon was rumoured to have bid 9million pounds for him and we said no. Louis went on to get injured several times and had only a small impact on our season by scoring the winner against Sunderland.

If we didn't get a tidy sum for him that will prove to be a costly goal, although those three points were needed to help Man Utd to another premier league title.

I guess Fergie wanted to stand by him, because his goald in the first half of 2006/07 helped us to win the league.

Unlike what another poster wrote, I'm pretty sure Saha is going to pass his medical.

Then he'll get injured warming up for his first game :) :rolleyes:

Nonetheless, I wish Louis Saha the best of luck in his career. May he score against everyone else but us.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
well its a good move for saha for one and a good move for united if we get a nice fee for him. im worried hes still got a medical to go haha :p

perhaps ferige is freeing up a number for someone :cool:

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
thanks for everything saha
wish you luck man but you must not score against us lol

and i heard that manucho will be in squad in a few weeks

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
RedDeviler said:
WE DONT NEED HIM AND HAVENT FOR YEARS

(does he need a lift ill carry him there the lazy b..........................d
lol when i searched the word "ignorance ", your picture was standind next to it in a dictionary .... well i guess you either didn't watch or you forgot that he was one of the main reasons why we won the title 2 seasons ago .... he kept us alive in the first part of the season..... you b.........d !
fans like yourself don't belong on here - there are other united forums where people openly slate our players not on here ....

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Chill out CRooney. RedDeviler is entitled to his opinion...especially since Saha won't be one of our players soon :p

Saha is a very good striker. To displace Ruud Van Nistelrooy is no mean feat and you're right in saying that he was one of our top performers in the early stages of the 06/07 season. However, for the past season and a half he has been little more than a liability. I know he scored the winner against Sunderland at OT last season but other than that he contributed very little. I just hope we do actually sign Berbatov because otherwise we could be short of options up front.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
reddwarf said:
Chill out CRooney. RedDeviler is entitled to his opinion...especially since Saha won't be one of our players soon :p

Saha is a very good striker. To displace Ruud Van Nistelrooy is no mean feat and you're right in saying that he was one of our top performers in the early stages of the 06/07 season. However, for the past season and a half he has been little more than a liability. I know he scored the winner against Sunderland at OT last season but other than that he contributed very little. I just hope we do actually sign Berbatov because otherwise we could be short of options up front.
yeas he is - but so am I to mine - he thinks saha is a ******* and since he(saha) can't respond my opinion is that he is a ******* ...
i'm sick and tired people slating ours ( he is still our )
you won't see me tossing around with insults first

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
we need a striker if not two now and with there only being a few days left, i think we are going to be short on firepower for the first half of the season.

we needed to keep saha and still get berbatov. campbell and manucho are looking to have potential but its risky to go for a third title and defend a CL trophy relying on them stepping up to the plate.

anyone noticed larsson is available after being put up for sale by Helsingborg. I would be happy with Berbatov and Larsson coming in the next two days

41 - 60 of 121 Posts