Manchester United Talk banner

salary cap

754 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  red dave 
#1 ·
championship clubs are to meet to discuss introducing salary caps for all clubs in the league.

dont think city will be too happy with this news:D

#7 ·
Top thread this and its one that I've been saying to my mates for along time .

One thing it would stop is the players greed you see loads of players move clubs for money . Id say the best thing I heard recently was samual eto when it looked like he was leaving barca . He was doing a interview with sky sports and when asked where he would move he said to big club , when asked which big club his words were the one who pays me the most . And sure as hell he's still at barca because with that comment no one would touch him .

I think a cap is needed soon rather than later yes it would help the small clubs and yes it would slow down the bigger clubs but things wont change that much as players play for united and the rest because its club people dream of playing for .

#8 ·
red dave said:
Top thread this and its one that I've been saying to my mates for along time .

One thing it would stop is the players greed you see loads of players move clubs for money . Id say the best thing I heard recently was samual eto when it looked like he was leaving barca . He was doing a interview with sky sports and when asked where he would move he said to big club , when asked which big club his words were the one who pays me the most . And sure as hell he's still at barca because with that comment no one would touch him .

I think a cap is needed soon rather than later yes it would help the small clubs and yes it would slow down the bigger clubs but things wont change that much as players play for united and the rest because its club people dream of playing for .
As I understod with Etoo and Barcelona was that the new manager Pep Guardiola didnt see Etoo as one player in his future plans. Im not sure what came first but maybe Etoo had a 'I have a dream' moment too but Pep made it clear he was put up on the selling list.
Later on Pep told he wouldnt mind if Etoo stayed.
Etoo went to Uzbekistan to look at a clu who would pay bigger money then Al Ciddeh can pay any player. He rejected it.

And a salary cap...players will get bigger sign on bonus or other payments. I doubt it will be fair play with a cap unless the FA copy the US way they use in NHL and NFL. Where the merchendise sale and ticket sale is shared equal..thats where you have to declare your assets more and it will be harder to do business on the side.

#9 ·
spellbound said:
As I understod with Etoo and Barcelona was that the new manager Pep Guardiola didnt see Etoo as one player in his future plans. Im not sure what came first but maybe Etoo had a 'I have a dream' moment too but Pep made it clear he was put up on the selling list.
Later on Pep told he wouldnt mind if Etoo stayed.
Etoo went to Uzbekistan to look at a clu who would pay bigger money then Al Ciddeh can pay any player. He rejected it.

And a salary cap...players will get bigger sign on bonus or other payments. I doubt it will be fair play with a cap unless the FA copy the US way they use in NHL and NFL. Where the merchendise sale and ticket sale is shared equal..thats where you have to declare your assets more and it will be harder to do business on the side.

Yes spellbound you are correct on this matter

well done :p

yeah true all true how could they stop the greed in the game it is getting out of hand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.