Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
17 Feb 08 - Nani gets kicked and Wenger defends it by saying he didnt need to "humiliate" his team. Gilberto even went as far as to say to Nani that he could get kicked for doing that

24 Feb 08 - Eduardo breaks his leg in a challenge that was not malicious, no intent and was a genuine attempt to play the ball. Wenger asks for said player to never play professional football again. Also says "I've gone along with the idea for a long time that to stop Arsenal, you have to kick Arsenal. I knew that was coming for a long time now." Wot a joke!!!!!

This guy takes the biscuit. If Eboue or Gallas had broken Nani's leg, would Wenger be asking for them to be removed from the game. He would manufacture an excuse for his players or the usual, "I Never Saw It"

This guy needs to sort his head out and dont let the mind games cloud his judgement in making rash decisions which involve him running his mouth.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
To be fair, Wenger has retracted his comments that were said in the heat of the moment after the game (and losing 2 points, a dodgy peno and his captain sulking like a baby). His player was badly hurt so thats why he said it.
It would have been bad but he has since taken back his comments, which is fair enough. It cant be easy on the lad Taylor either, this will affect him for many years.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
sad incident for both the victim and the tackler. hope Eduardo can return to the pitch fully fit as soon as possible. I can feel for wenger in this incident, losing one of ur players for a long long time. Again, the tackle may not be intentional, but it is a fact that this kind of tackle can end one player's career. Premier league is supposed to be physically more demanding, but it does not necessary mean more violence.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
donthered said:
Its ok for them to go round kicking Nani because he out played them. But when its the other way round, they cant take it.
that is my point in a sentence. they have excuses when its them but shoe on other foot and they are demanding players to be banned. if he retracted the comment or not aint the issue, he said it not in the heat of the moment as it was at the start of the game 2hours before he made the comment.

as a senior member of the arsenal staff he should use words carefully

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thats why teams do it. They know if they give them space they will get beat. Be rough with them and it puts them off their game. When you look at Gallas yesterday thatthe gooners all over. Just like their fans. Muppets lol

·
Registered
303 Posts
antdevil78 said:
that is my point in a sentence. they have excuses when its them but shoe on other foot and they are demanding players to be banned. if he retracted the comment or not aint the issue, he said it not in the heat of the moment as it was at the start of the game 2hours before he made the comment.

as a senior member of the arsenal staff he should use words carefully

Couldn't agree more, he spoke too sky first then bbc then radio5 then the papers who said he was over reacting, so he had time to think bout wat he was saying.
Arsenal board prob told him to retract his statement.

Same old Wenger

That said hope the lad recovers quickly.

·
Banned
9,929 Posts
Guys, Arsene is reacting this way because he knows that United are creeping up
on him and he is under pressure. I feel that he thinks that that result may have
cost Arsenal he title. He looked like a guy who didn't know what to do....and you
know what, Arsene.........it's not going to get any easier!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts