Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roque Santa Cruz is quite likely to be putting in a January Sales transfer request at Blackburn.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
He needs to get out of there he is a world class striker and lets face fact blackburn are a run of the mill club with little or no resources . The bad thing about this is that he will end up at city.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Sparky probably will go for Roque...

Al Ciddeh will get crowded if Roque moves to baby blue.

Robinho, like myself, believe in Santa.
Here's Robinhos wish list...
Kaka
Cristiano Ronaldo
Kleber, Santos
Luisao, Benfica
Thiago Silva, Fluminense

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
I wouldn't mind Santa Cruz here. He is a direct target man who plays off the shoulder of the last defender. And we don't have that type of striker. If he is cheap, won't be a bad idea going for him.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
He's not good enough for United... forgive me for saying this but he's not really good enough for Citeh with their 'ambition'! I think he just had a good season, like Benni McCarthy had... he was linked with Chelsea you may recall!

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
If we could get him fairly cheaply, then I would say go for him. But I don't really think £15m+ as they're reportedly asking for represents good value for money.

He'll probably end up at City.

I would also expect a lot more players to be wanting out of Blackburn, as I think Paul Ince is an egotist and that Blackburn are just going backwards with him in charge.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Santa Cruz drops Blackburn bombshell after revealing desire to leave for a bigger club

Roque Santa Cruz has told Blackburn Rovers he wants the chance to move to a bigger club.
The £20million-rated striker dropped a bombshell on the eve of Sam Allardyce's first game in charge by opening the door for a January move.
The Paraguay international said: ‘I don't want to miss the chance of playing with a big side.

'If a bigger club came in for me then I would like to take that opportunity.'
Santa Cruz will be a target for Manchester City and Mark Hughes — the manager who took him to Ewood Park for £3.5m and revived a career that was flagging at Bayern Munich — and Aston Villa are also certain to renew the interest they showed in the summer.
Santa Cruz told BBC's 5 Live: ‘I am happy at Blackburn but also I want to keep improving my football.

'My contract with Blackburn is clear but I am looking again to play in a big side that is in Europe and trying to win their league.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1098849/Santa-Cruz-drops-Blackburn-bombshell-revealing-desire-leave-bigger-club.html

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
forzaunited said:
and when i suggest aguero everyone says we dont need anymore attackers:S

whats your obession with aguero? we dont need him! hes a good player and evrything but whats the point whens hes the carven copy of rooney and tevez its not football manager where you can lump all 3 of rooney tevez and aguero together yano? it wouldnt work!

dont think santa cruz is what were looking for hes a one season wonder as some used the example of benni mccarthy if he was any bit deacent dont think bayern woulda let him go on the cheap!

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
And here I was, after hearing Roque's words, which were to the effect of: "I want to play for Blackburn, and no one else, they gave me my chance after Bayern and I feel as if I owe them." Not Mark Hughes mind you, that he owes...Blackburn. To see someone nowadays actually show that kind of respect and commitment to their club warmed my heart.

So, what am I to think now? Maybe people like Giggsy and Scholes and Neville really are a dying breed :(

That was my post a few months ago on another forum, when the first "I want to play for MASSIVE City" rumors came about.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts