Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During the game between West Ham and Man United the commentator mentioned that there had been 10 goalkeepers used by Sir Alex since Schmeichal before Van der Sar became our number 1.

They also said that naming them would be a great quiz question so try this out on your mates!

I could only remember 6 of them but Sky Sports have kindly provided a list of the 10 keepers...

(Order Name Time at club Number of appearances)

1) Nick Culkin 1995-2002 1 sub
2) Raimond van der Gouw 1996-2002 26 & 11 sub
3) Mark Bosnich 1999-2001 23
4) Massimo Taibi 1999-2000 4
5) Paul Rachubka 2000-02 1
6) Fabien Barthez 2000-04 92
7) Roy Carroll 2001-05 46 & 3 sub
8) Andy Goram 2001 2
9) Ricardo 2002-05 1 sub
10) Tim Howard 2003-07 44 & 1 sub

Both Ben Foster and Tomasz Kuszczak made their debuts after Van der Sar.

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
abojodeh said:
nice list :D
Why post something so bloody pointless?

It's said best to keep and look like a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Looking at that list make me thanful for Edwin, don't know what we're going to do without him.

·
23,699 Posts
peterswellman said:
Looking at that list make me thanful for Edwin, don't know what we're going to do without him.
This is the only mistake and regret that a status like Fergie keeps repeating aloud.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Funny, I couldn't remember more than 6 of them.
I don't recall having seen any of the following: Nick Culkin, Massimo Taibi, Paul Rachubka or Andy Goram. They only had like 8 matches combined, but I still find it a bit odd that I don't remember any of them=P

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Mancunian_Girl said:
Funny, I couldn't remember more than 6 of them.
I don't recall having seen any of the following: Nick Culkin, Massimo Taibi, Paul Rachubka or Andy Goram. They only had like 8 matches combined, but I still find it a bit odd that I don't remember any of them=P
thats probably a good thing :D Big Goram came on loan I remember.
Taibi was a joke. He let a dribbler in between his legs and left shortly after :eek:
I dont remember Rachubka though :confused:

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
thats probably a good thing :D Big Goram came on loan I remember.
Taibi was a joke. He let a dribbler in between his legs and left shortly after :eek:
I dont remember Rachubka though :confused:
Is that same boy that player for Charlton ?

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
I wonder what happened that made Tim Howard's stay here go so pear-shaped after his first season. PFA Keeper of the Year, and after that season he just bottled it. He's been great at Everton, and for the US.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
piazza said:
I wonder what happened that made Tim Howard's stay here go so pear-shaped after his first season. PFA Keeper of the Year, and after that season he just bottled it. He's been great at Everton, and for the US.
He wasnt that bad at United if all truth be told. He made a few costly mistakes
and maybe felt the pressure at playing at the biggest club in the World.
A few bad mistakes and he lost his place to Carroll and the rest they say is history.
He is a top top keeper though. I find that most of the keepers in the Premiership
are of a very high quality.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I can remember Howard having a poor game against AC Milan one time and I think thats when Carroll came in and replaced him, up until then I thought he was pretty decent.

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,917 Posts
Didn't get Culkin Rachubka or Goram saw Rachubka on Championship manager 01/02 but i never remember seeing those 3 play

·
Registered
141 Posts
i think rachubka came on as sub when ricardo got sent off i remember being at the game but i cant remember who it was against maybe leicester im not sure

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
reddwarf said:
During the game between West Ham and Man United the commentator mentioned that there had been 10 goalkeepers used by Sir Alex since Schmeichal before Van der Sar became our number 1.

They also said that naming them would be a great quiz question so try this out on your mates!

I could only remember 6 of them but Sky Sports have kindly provided a list of the 10 keepers...

(Order Name Time at club Number of appearances)

1) Nick Culkin 1995-2002 1 sub
2) Raimond van der Gouw 1996-2002 26 & 11 sub
3) Mark Bosnich 1999-2001 23
4) Massimo Taibi 1999-2000 4
5) Paul Rachubka 2000-02 1
6) Fabien Barthez 2000-04 92
7) Roy Carroll 2001-05 46 & 3 sub
8) Andy Goram 2001 2
9) Ricardo 2002-05 1 sub
10) Tim Howard 2003-07 44 & 1 sub

Both Ben Foster and Tomasz Kuszczak made their debuts after Van der Sar.

Wow... some of that is some pretty horrifying shit!
Makes for scarier reading than a Stephen King novel! Why did you have to throw the skeletons out of the closet??!?!?!? :(

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
I remember Ricardo talking about some rumor that they made United players wear Vodafone keks.

"I don't know if that's true, but I'd be more than happy to do it."

Or something like that.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts