Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know how much these two have played together so maybe someone else may know but imo they seemed to clash today. Scholes wants to play deeper and dictate play and anderson is more offensive but with scholes just sitting but not having the ability to win the ball back it seems to class whereas anderson and hargreaves imo is better suited because anderson also has the ability to dictate play and hargreaves still gives the midfield bite and wins the ball back and keeps things tidy and ticking.

In no way am i saying anderson is a better player than scholes, his a living legend but one day anderson will take over his position and the old legs of scholes and not having much of a season seems to be showing at the moment. Maybe its just me but scholes seems wayy off the pace to me.

to me anderson and hargreaves where together in midfield when we went on such a good run in the league right? so why change it? if neville cannot get his place back from brown maybe scholes should be worked a little harder to get back to his best before coming straight back in...

im not going over the top by the way, im just dissapointed with todays defeat but not just because of today, in the last few matches i think many ppl wanted to see anderson and hargreaves .......but then what do we know, fergie is a football genius

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
You make some very valid points.
I see what you mean about Scholes preferring to lie deeper and pull the strings.
I still think(as you said) Hargreaves should be a dead cert for the dm position.
Id love to see Scholes push forward more and get more goals like he used to. He has lost a yard of pace but never relied on his pace much before. Instead he relied on his quick footballing brain, awesome shot, great finishing and quick thinking.
Id still prefer to see Hargo and Scholes starting the majority of the games.
Anderson has started his OT career brilliantly but he is still the future.
As long as Scholes can still play well he deserves his spot.
Scholes is just back from a bad injury so he will need a bit of time to get back in the swing of things.
But Hargo and Anderson is the future, i agree on that but not for a year or 2.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^yeah no real arguements here, i wouldnt mind hargreaves and scholes either or hagreaves and carrick....or even carrick and scholes....just to me i think one of the two have to always start....they're younger than scholes and can win the ball back....to me hargo should start most games..........

·
Registered
143 Posts
between the 2 i would say that scholes is the more experienced player. it will take some time before anderson will be able to fully shine at OT. Slowly but surely he will.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
i think united should go for experience right now....anderson is our future and he still has time ahead of him...scholes on the other hand is more experienced and more suited to play the big games........anderson and hargreaves also has a good combination but for now scholes and hargreaves should play....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Shole Time is Comming To a end. No Doubt he is a Legend.
I been a Fan Since 96, and i alwasy though shole a was one the best.

Now its 2008 twelve years later. Here Comes Anderson 19 years old
fast, great ball control great, vision, when loses the ball hustle's al the way bck to the goal if relivent..

shcoles is an offesive play, not a very good deffensive player,
he make the odd reckless tackle...

last thing, when united have the pitch opened up, anderson is able to beat his man one on one. shcoles is not...

·
Registered
22 Posts
at the moment anderson play well thn scholes and he looks good whn patner with either hargreves or carrick..
so i thnk this is the time to scholes to be replaced by someone like anderson
scholes getting old and his football change alot and getting slow.. he is not as fast as last time.. we need some young talent at the midfield.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You make a good point !! Anderson / Scholes should not be a pairing to play again !!! They look weak against a five man midfield !!! As we found out on Sunday !!! Hargreaves / Anderson has my vote...

Solid in a defence capacity & a menice going forward...

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it'd be quite funny if he playd them together in the next match against arsenal and they both had a stormer. How stupid would i feel,lol. Seriously though even if they play together i feel we will loose andersons threat going forward because he will have to do more work tracking back because scholes cannot really do the defensive side great. It'll be interesting to see what plans fergie n co have made, i'm sure they're discussing the midfield alot

1 - 11 of 11 Posts