Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
23,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This must have probably been done before - your all-time United Dream XI. But I am really surprised by Scholes' choices and thought I share it here. No Ronaldo, no Cantona.... Brown? Sheringham?

[Please merge if applicable. ]

fansfc

Manchester United ace Scholes snubs Cantona & Ronaldo!

There is no place for Eric Cantona or Cristiano Ronaldo is Paul Scholes' Manchester United Football Club dream XI made up from players he has played alongside.

Scholes has won eight Premier League titles, three FA Cup's and a UEFA Champions League since breaking into the Reds side in 1993/94.

The former England international has established himself as one of the most popular players in the club's history, and he has played with some huge talent over the years.

But when picking his personal pick of his team-mates past and present, there is no place for fan's favourite Cantona or current World Player of the Year Ronaldo.

“Cristiano Ronaldo won't be happy to hear it but he's a substitute,†said Scholes, whose team is: Schmeichel, G Neville, Ferdinand, Brown, Irwin, Beckham, Keane, Robson, Giggs, Van Nistelrooy, and Sheringham.

http://www.fansfc.com/story/5357.html

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
It's a rather controversial team to say the least.

The only two reasons I could suggest is that he's putting in some of his more personal friends, or he wanted to put in a few players he though were perhaps under-rated.

(Not saying they're bad players, but they're not the first names to jump out at you)

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
No Vidic, Stam, Pallister, Yorke, Cole or Cantona.

I would have alot of changes if I was honest.

Try to accommodate Giggs/Ronaldo/Beckham would be so hard.

·
23,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
manutd004 said:
The only two reasons I could suggest is that he's putting in some of his more personal friends, or he wanted to put in a few players he though were perhaps under-rated.

(Not saying they're bad players, but they're not the first names to jump out at you)
Personal friends maybe. Under-rated, not so sure unless he puts Fletcher in. ;)

RedForceRising said:
His team is fine except for Brown at CB and Sheringham ahead of Cantona.

Those are obviously jokes.
Scholes does not come across to me as one to crack such jokes. I am baffled in any case.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
I wouldnt make a big deal about him not puttin Ronaldo in there,is doesnt have the god given right to slot into peoples XI.I would have Schmeichel..Neville,Pallister,Vidic,Evra.....Giggs,Keano,Scholes,Kanchelskis....Cantona & Ruud

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
Once again, Scholes shows he is a ****ing genius. Ronaldo needs to keep himself grounded and reminding him that he is not the best winger ever seen at United and we have had bigger number 7's here than him will surely help.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Mine would be
Schmeichel..........Neville,Rio,Pallister,Irwin..........Best,Keane,Bobby Charlton,Ryan Giggs.........Cantona,Law

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
Rooneys_Temper said:
I wouldnt make a big deal about him not puttin Ronaldo in there,is doesnt have the god given right to slot into peoples XI.I would have Schmeichel..Neville,Pallister,Vidic,Evra.....Giggs,Keano,Scholes,Kanchelskis....Cantona & Ruud
Kanchelskis was a good footballer but he was in no way better than Ronaldo or Beckham. No chance. Best passer of the ball in Beckham. Cracking crossing, set piece delievery. Then you have Ronny, needless to say there isn't much too say.

It would have to be between Ronny, Becks and Giggsy for the wing positions.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Schmeichel
G.Neville Rio Vidic Irwin

Best Keane Scholes Giggs

Cantona
RVN/Rooney - Cant make up my mind who to pick.

It was hard to leave out Pally & Bruce aswell.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Schmeichel

G.Neville Rio Vidic Evra

Ronaldo Keane Robson Giggs

Cantona RVN

Subs Rooney Scholes Stam Beckham VDS

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
---------Schmeichel
Neville---Vidic----Stam-----Irwin
Becks----Keane(C)---Scholes----Giggs
------------------Rooney
-------------------Ruud

Subs: Ole, Teddy, Ronaldo, VDS, Evra, Rio, Carrick

No Cantona, cause I barely remember him playing, stuck with those I remember vividly.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts