Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scholes's red card was basically what lost us the match yesterday. But I find it hard to be mad at him for it, it would have just been an instinctive reaction that no thought was put into, and as soon as he did it he was probably wondering what just happened to him.

We were all over them in the second half with 10 men and we easily could have leveled it. The point I'm trying to make is, we played most of the match with a numerical disadvantage and a goal down to a penalty, but we didn't do too badly given the circumstances - so I think this will not prove to be our downfall it will prove to be a blip, as someone said in another thread, teams do not become bad overnight.

The negative things that have come out of the game however are Evra's positioning, which was woeful and just summed up his poor form of late, but I think once he has his confidence back his form will come too - and Ronaldo's attitude, which i have mentioned in the Ronaldo thread.

But all in all, especially with Chelsea losing, things are not as bad as the emotions of the loss would first make it seem, and i firmly believe we will gradually rise back to form as the season goes on.

·
Registered
616 Posts
for me when Scholes was sent off,Rooney should have come on,Berbatov off...think that would of steadied the ship.

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
i dont think our second half performance comes from rooney.
berbatov in the first half was all alone. the way berbatov plays lately is odd. he must be up there in front, insetad he is playing like tevez and rooney ( berbatov cant and shouldnt play like that).
as i said he must be up there, then he can and will create chances. he has a good vision of the game, and with a slight touch or a genius pass ( we all know he is capable of that) he can create danger....but at the middle its hard to do that, and even if he does it...its with no effect.

and why keep fletcher all 90 mins ? why not carrick ?
again...giggs was quite bad yesterday. why did he play for 90 min ?

unanswered questions for me.

and i cant wait for rafael to come back. yesterdays performance proved me that o'shea is VERY slow.

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
i dont think our second half performance comes from rooney.
berbatov in the first half was all alone. the way berbatov plays lately is odd. he must be up there in front, insetad he is playing like tevez and rooney ( berbatov cant and shouldnt play like that).
as i said he must be up there, then he can and will create chances. he has a good vision of the game, and with a slight touch or a genius pass ( we all know he is capable of that) he can create danger....but at the middle its hard to do that, and even if he does it...its with no effect.

and why keep fletcher all 90 mins ? why not carrick ?
again...giggs was quite bad yesterday. why did he play for 90 min ?

unanswered questions for me.

and i cant wait for rafael to come back. yesterdays performance proved me that o'shea is VERY slow.

Thats true, because he's more suited to central defence imo, so he has better defending attributes than attacking ones when playing at the back.. Thts why I mentioned yesterday that ROnaldo started playing a lot better when he had Evra supporting him rather than Sheasy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts